twenty nine

warning : suicide, depictions of DID and violence.

ƚɯҽɳƚყ ɳιɳҽ

there's a monster in my head

.

.

spencer could do no more than stare at the house. He didn't even notice Hotch come over to him and take the megaphone out of his hand.

"Moretz, we need to speak to Abby immediately."

There was no response from inside the house. Even the shadows that the team could see through the window had stopped moving.

"Moretz." Hotch repeated angrily but his voice was tainted with worry but that was almost undetectable. Almost.

"He's not responding Hotch. We gotta go in now." Morgan snapped. Hotch held his hand up, ordering the BAU and other officers to stand back. There was still no response. "This is BS, Hotch!" Morgan shouted.

"Enough." Hotch responded with equal frustration. "Moretz this is your final warning. We need to communicate with Abigail."

"The phone." Spencer said in realisation. "There's a landline. Call it."

Morgan dialed Garcia. "Babygirl I need you to find the children's home phone number." Morgan hung up and a second later handed his phone to Hotch.

"Logan, we are going to call the landline. Answer the call." Hotch ordered.

"This is never going to work. Son of a bitch is never going to answer that call." Morgan whispered.

Hotch placed the phone on speaker as the BAU gathered close to him. The dialing tone echoed through the silence, after a number of rings the phone clicked.

"I'm okay, Hotch. I'm fine, the shot just hit the wall."

Every agent - FBI and local PD - let out a sigh of relief. Spencer, however, took what felt like his first breath in minutes.

"Hotch, I don't know what to do. I-I don't know what he wants anymore." Spencer couldn't tell if it was the connection or if Abby was crying; he assumed both.

"Abby, did he get you?" Morgan asked quickly.

"No he didn't 'get' me! It's a gun, Morgan! He gets me, he kills me!"

Despite the situation, the team could hear the sarcasm laced in her seriousness and they couldn't help but laugh.

"Can he hear you?" Hotch asked seriously once again.

"No, I don't think so. He's arguing with himself but I don't know what he's saying. He told me to just take the phone and then he ran out the room. I don't know what to do! He doesn't have Ben, he knows that."