sixteen

warning : violence, kidnap and murder/death
seriously this chapter gets incredibly intense.

ʂιxƚҽҽɳ

endgame

.

.

spencer was the first of the five agents out of the SUVs. They had left for the diner as soon as Garcia had relayed the information to them. The five agents gathered together by the car Hotch and Rossi had travelled in, from there they could see the shadows of two individuals sat in a booth right by the door. The two waitresses, who had just been released from inside, were speaking to Washington State Police.

"We treat this as a hostage situation, understood?" Hotch said. The team all had their bulletproof vests on and were eager to get in and grab Abby but Hotch was right; Lawrence called the shots. All they could do is wait.

"Agents we have a phone number for the diner and we have the listening device attached and set up just over here." One of the local detectives explained.

Spencer began to rush over but was stopped when Hotch grabbed his arm.

"Reid, we need to decide who is going to speak to Lawrence."

"So that means not me, doesn't it?" The doctor snapped.

"Come on kid we know how this goes down. Let Hotch do the talking." Morgan tried to comfort his friend. Spencer nodded reluctantly and the team made their way over to the detectives who had set up the phone. The phone itself was connected to a larger speaker - of sorts - so the conversation could be heard by many as placing the phone itself on speaker could potentially distort the dialogue.

One of the detectives looked at the agents awaiting the conformation to make the call. Hotch nodded his head and the dial tone filled the silence as did the distant ringing from inside the diner.

Spencer watched as Lawrence stood and picked up the phone from inside the diner and took it back to the table - his gun pointed at Abby the entire time. The sight made his breathing quicken. Yet Abby looked so calm, so unbothered by the gun pointed at her head.

"Sergeant Lawrence this is Agent Hotchner," Hotch started - he'd put on his 'if you touch a hair on this victims head so help me' voice, "Let SSA Laurens go. We can help you."

"That sounds marvelous. But first Special Agent Hotchner," Lawrence's voice echoed through the loud speaker, dripping with sarcasm, "Abby has a story to tell you."

"Go ahead, Abby. They're all listening." Lawrence stared at Abby daring her to speak.

"Spencer?"

"Yeah, I'm here Abby. Are you okay?" Spencer's voice echoed through the diner's phone.