twenty four

would recommend listening to she by harold styles during this chapter, and it's not just cus i love him - listen closely to the words :)

ƚɯҽɳƚყ ϝσυɾ

'coffee' [not-a-date] date

.

.

abby and Spencer sat at the bar; there weren't many people in there with them - even the rest of the team had agreed to go elsewhere, much to Garcia's annoyance.

"I'm glad Ruby's okay. I hope Mulligan doesn't get the death penalty. Death would be too easy for him." Abby continued their conversation, they had mostly been speaking about work - not that either of them really cared what they spoke about.

After they had taken Samuel into custody, Ruby agreed to see her parents, who were to land in Alaska later that evening. The team had just got word that she had met with them and, after a few painful conversations, agreed to go back to England with them- after Samuel's sentencing which was to take place tomorrow morning - small town, not a lot of criminals to convict. Samuel also plead guilty and could not stop confessing to his crimes.

"I mean, twenty years, Spence. Imagine spending twenty years with someone." Abby took a sip of her drink. Some weird mildly alcoholic cocktail.

"What, you don't want to get married?" Spencer asked, drinking his water. With ice - because he 'felt wild tonight'.

"What?"

"You know spending a lifetime together. Or at least supposing to."

"Oh. No. I definitely do want to get married, I just can't imagine being with someone that long. Hopefully I will be but it's just hard to picture something that stable with the life we have." Abby explained. "What about you?"

Spencer coughed. "I do want to get married but to the right person, of course. I only want to do it once."

"Marriage isn't usually first date conversation, Reid." Abby joked.

"Well, I'm unconventional."

"That you are, Spencer. That you are."

A calm silence filled the air, it wasn't uncomfortable or awkward.

"Oh I've been meaning to ask," Spencer said suddenly remembering what had been on his mind for the last couple of weeks, "have you still been speaking to your brother?"

"Yeah, yeah I have. We've kept in touch and plan to see each other when I get home. It's been lovely. I still haven't spoken to my younger brother though. Or my mum. Despite David begging me too."

"Why? Sorry I don't mean to pry."

"No, it's okay." Abby shook her head. "When my dad died, my mum shut herself off from us. She hated his job. Hated it. He was always away and when he was home he was so busy but he was still her rock. He is what made her, her. But then when he died it was like she stopped existing. We tried everything to get her to just react like a person with real emotions again but she never did. My brother, David, moved out pretty soon after that and my younger brother - who was only fifteen when my dad died, used my dad's death as an excuse for pretty much everything." Her voice wasn't sad. If Spencer didn't know better, he'd say she was angry.