abigail

ʂҽʋҽɳƚҽҽɳ

abigail

.

.

abby sat completely still but the tears ran freely down her cheeks. She waited for someone to speak from the other line; but nothing came.

"Is that what you wanted huh, Lawrence?" Abby sobbed.

"You know, I think it was pretty damn close." 

"Laurens, whatever you're thinking right now. Just don't." Hotch's voice was gentle in tone through the phone. Abby could already see the looks on the faces of her team; disgust, hatred, anger - everything she had felt towards herself for the past four months. She knew they would still be rushing around outside trying to find a way in without causing Tom to break completely.

"Well that's quite enough of that." Lawrence hung the phone up aggressively. "How could you still respect that man after what he did?"

"He didn't do anything-"

"Stop lying!" He slammed his free hand on the table, "He sat and listened as Hall killed us, as he shot two children! And then he didn't let Williams in to retrieve his own brother?"

"There was nothing he could've done." Abby whispered, unsure if she even believed herself anymore.

"All Williams wanted was his brother's body and Moore wouldn't let him even do that, not even after what he just did to him." Lawrence spat.

"They went in and got all the...the bodies later that day. They couldn't send him in right away. We didn't know what Hall had planned, he could've ended up the exact same way as his brother." Abby tried to justify Moore's decision. She agreed to an extent; she also had to wait for Leo's body but at least she got to hold him as he died, Williams couldn't see his brother for another week.

"Hm. Or were you just relieved you didn't have to face Williams?"

"He knows what happened."

"You shot his brother in the head, Abby." Abby flinched at his words. "I made a deal with him though. A chance for justice. Which, as it happens, is why we're both here. Stand up."

Abby stood in sync with Lawrence, she glanced outside as she did so.

"You know they'll be storming the building pretty soon. You've cut off all direct contact with them."

"I know. But first. This is from Williams."

.

"Shots fired! Repeat shots fired!" A number of police officers shouted. The BAU jumped away from the phone, guns raised.