forty six

ϝσɾƚყ ʂιx

traitor

(part one)

 •

Abby tucked the notebook into the pocket of her jeans as her and Lawrence raced behind the storage container. They crouched down, their guns drawn but invisible to anyone in front of their position. They could hear the shuffle of footsteps and the low murmuring of voices. Abby leaned round the box to try and get a closer look, Lawrence took a firm grip of her upper arm trying to pull her back but she turned to him and held her hand up telling him to stop and that she knew what she was doing.

She began to stand slowly.

"Abby!" Lawrence 'whisper-shouted'. "Fuck!" He rose too, peeking from behind her shoulder.

"On three?" Abby asked.

"On three what?!" Lawrence hissed.

"Draw your weapon!"

"Are you insane?!"

"You're much more of a coward than I remember, Lawrence." She paused to take one final look round the corner, the shuffling was getting louder and the voices' demands were growing more distinct. If they didn't react first then there was no doubt that Hall or his stupid little posse would shoot at first contact. "One." Abby began slowly, counting the corresponding digits with her free hand. "Two...Three!"

The two darted out from behind the box, guns drawn at arm's length.

"Drop your weapons!"

"Don't shoot! Do not shoot!"

"Hold fire!"

A cacophony of noise echoed across the small space at the storage facility, as people shouted orders left, right and centre. Abby was pretty certain it was her demand to drop their weapons that left her mouth but she was unsure exactly where the other demands came from.

"Abby, baby! It's us, it's us!" Spencer reassured, his arms up in the air signifying his surrender.

Abby and Lawrence breathed a short sigh of relief at the sight of the five agents and lowered their weapons.

The outline of the little black notebook burned a hole into her pocket, suddenly making her very aware of its presence and with this sensation she suddenly found herself feeling very emotional; heightened extraordinarily by the sight of Spencer.

"Spencer." She breathed. Against [what she believed to be] her better judgement she ran towards him, her arms outstretched. She was immediately engulfed by his arms. It was just as Morgan had said in the parking lot; she felt like she was home.

After a couple of moments, Spencer pushed her back and took her face in his hands and kissed her roughly, as though if he stopped she would dissolve into dust and blow away with the wind, never to return.