seven

ʂҽʋҽɳ

mandy watkin

.

.

twenty minutes earlier

Spencer sat staring into the office, desperately trying to read the lips of those inside but it was no use. He found himself just staring at Abby. He was amazed at how quickly she found her feet, this was a tough case but she was excelling. Hotch hadn't told the team much about her, Reid had only just learnt that Abby was in the army. He didn't know what caused her to panic so much on the jet and at the table, he had been doing this job long enough and worked with enough agents to know that they'll come to him when they're ready and most did normally come to him first.

"Pretty boy!" Morgan called out from the other side of the ballpen. Spencer sighed, he hated to admit it but he loved that nickname.

"Yes, Morgan."

"Come help me and Garcia a minute please. If you can pull yourself away." Morgan nodded towards to office where Abby and Hotch were as he laughed. Spencer went over to Garcia and Morgan who had the footage from the hospital replaying and pages of information on Garcia's laptop.

"You think she's pretty don't you?" Garcia teased, Morgan chuckled.

"Where's Rossi?"

"Oh my god, you do!"

"Yes-No I don't. Beauty is a societal construct that we build upon at a young age to help establish some sort of hierarchy-"

"Kid just say yes. She is. You don't have to mean anything by it. Although, now we both know that you do." Morgan and Garcia were both laughing at the doctor. He did think she was pretty, but her intelligence was much more attractive to him. Morgan was also right, Spencer didn't mean anything more than that.

"Rossi has gone to speak to a few of the local police and people of the community. Everyone knows the Munroe's well, he wants to get a wider picture of Leo, you know, outside of the adultery." Morgan explained, still laughing. Spencer nodded.

"Take a look at this footage. I've still not found anything of Mr Munroe after his wife's discharge but I have managed to hack into more cameras in the hospital. It's still only a couple, I know I'm slacking I'm sorry but there is no possible way to access anymore. Either they don't have any or someone has completely destroyed the security at this hospital." Garcia said.

Reid and Morgan watched the video she had put together that compiled of different angles of the hospital, all from different cameras. The footage from each wasn't very long. Not long at all. Then it hit Spencer.

"Garcia, go back. Find me a jump from one camera to another," she did just that, "Okay now go back to the start of the next angle's footage." She did that too and Spencer's eyes lit up.

"What you looking at, Kid?"

"There's a jump, a-a break in the video. See. Can you see there? Garcia can you show us just one of the angles please?" She pulled up just one of the other videos, that's when they both saw it.

"Oh shit, half the damn video is missing." Morgan exclaimed.

"Someone has edited out about ten to twenty minutes worth of footage. Garcia is there anyway you can track the computer used to do this or where it came from?" Spencer asked.

"Who do you think I am? Of course I can, Romeo."

Morgan and Reid kept watching the video glitch and then restart.

"Okay got it, I've got the IP address. It belongs to, oh no..."

"What? Who is it baby girl?"

"Mr Leonardo Munroe." His photo popped up on Garcia's screen, just to reiterate the horror of this information.

"Spencer, get Hotch and Abby."

Spencer ran out of the room just as Abby and Hotch came out of the office.

"Hotch, Abby, in here. We've got something." He turned and hurried back into the room as Abby and Hotch ran across the bullpen to join them.

"We need to arrest Munroe."

"Why?"

"Why? Are you kidding that man is guilty as f-"

"Morgan." Hotch scolded, the ghost of a smile on his face.

"Look at this."

Garcia played the two the footage the others had just watched.

"I don't see anything?" Abby questioned.

"The glitch look," Spencer said, leaning over Abby's shoulder. She felt her breath catch in throat, but Spencer seemed unphased; he was immersed in the footage, Morgan and Garcia noticed though and smiled at each other, "there's about ten, twenty minutes of the video missing. Garcia traced the IP address to Leo's computer." Spencer continued. They all sighed deeply.

"He did it at the hospital, Sir." Garcia added sadly.

"Right. Let's go. Garcia look for a Mandy Watkin. Every search you can, if she so much as left her house to collect the paper in the last nine months I want to know."

As the four agents walked out of the room, Mrs Munroe ran out from the otherside of the bullpen.

"What's happened? Have you found Bella? Why were you running and calling to one another?" Kate screamed, crying. JJ and Abby tried and failed to console her, they just had to hold her back.

"Kate, it's okay. Stay here with us. Come on, come back in and sit down." the two women soothed. They started to turn back, JJ and Abby on either side of her, but it was too late. Morgan and Hotch were already leading a handcuffed Leo Munroe across the room.

"Kate!" JJ called.

"You son of a bitch! What did you do? What did you do!" In between sobbing and hitting at her husbands chest (which none of the agents or local police tried to stop) Spencer managed to pull Kate into him and hold her until she stopped screaming at her husband, he kept whispering 'it's okay' over and over, Abby smiled at him and then at Kate with sympathy.

Morgan walked back from the interrogation room where himself and Hotch had taken Leo.

"Abby." He motioned for her to come over with a nod of his head. "Ready to nail this son of a bitch?"

. . . . . . . . . .

don't forget to vote and comment, it really does mean a lot. i hope you're enjoying 'silence'.