eight

ҽιɠԋƚ

bella munroe

.

.

Abby and Morgan sat opposite Leo who was handcuffed to the table. They were running out of time to find Bella, and if whoever he was working with knew he had been arrested that may cause a major break in their mind state and then a dangerous change in their behaviour.

"I want to talk to to my wife."

"Well I don't think she wants to talk to you." Abby snapped.

"Where's Bella, Leo? Come on, she's your daughter, man. She's three days old. Who has your daughter?"

"I don't know! I want to speak to my wife!" He was crying now.

"Where is your daughter, Mr Munroe? Does Mandy have her?" Something flashed across his face at the mention of Mandy which gave Abby an idea. "We know you love your wife. You never wanted to hurt her did you? But you just couldn't stop."

"Once you found out Kate was pregnant you panicked, didn't you? You felt comfortable with Mandy, there was no sense of commitment. You could just be with her. But you still loved your wife, didn't you Leo?" Morgan knew what she was doing and followed suit.

"But then you told her about your wife and your baby. She told you to choose didn't she? Her or Kate? Who did you choose, Mr Munroe? Who did you choose?"

"Kate. I-I chose Kate. She begged me to leave her, she said she'd kill herself if I didn't or she'd kill Kate or-or my baby. I didn't know what to do."

'And continuing to screw her was the solution'? Abby thought.

"I swear I didn't know about this, not until she'd done it." He looked down in shame.

"Where is she, Leo?" Morgan urged.

The door opened and Hotch called both agents to come out. In the viewing room opposite the one-sided mirror the whole team, including Garcia and the lead detective on the case stood in a small group.

"I've got info on Mandy Watkin, it wasn't hard because her life story read like a Shakespearean tragedy. Her parents died when she was young and she was moved between foster homes until she turned eighteen. Up until she turned twenty five there is not much on her but then I found this gold-mine. She was admitted into a psychiatric facility two years ago, following an emotional breakdown after the death of her son who was still born. She self discharged eleven months ago and met Leo about a month later. I went back a little further to see if there was any criminal history, and oh yes there was. Three years ago, someone took out a restraining order against her after she stalked them for months. I couldn't find his name no matter how hard I tried, but she had an affair with him as well, he cheated on his wife of five years and just like with Leo she threatened to kill herself or his wife if he left her. She was pregnant with his baby and was determind to start the perfect family with this man and her son. Which, of course, meant she ignored the restraining order and was arrested but only issued community service. I have an address, but it's not been updated for years, this was the address she gave to the police when she was arrested." Garcia explained, very quickly.