thirty seven

*if you are reading this since it's been edited: THIS IS A NEW CHAPTER*

ƚԋιɾƚყ ʂҽʋҽɳ

fuck you

.

.

Abby sat on a chair at the round table, Lawrence sat opposite, quite literally, twiddling his thumbs.

"God, this is dull!" He exaggerated childishly, "Is this what you normally do? Sit around and hope the criminals just hand themselves in?"

"When did you become such an asshole?" 

It was just those two in there, there wasn't much else for any of them to do except wait; either Hall took the bait or he didn't. A part of her really hoped he didn't.

"You know, I don't know? I believe it was after we-"

"Don't." She interrupted sternly. 

He tilted his head cockily. "I was actually going to say, it was after we were tortured and left for dead but your idea works too. Why are you so keen for him not to know?" 

There was silence

"I don't have to answer you."

"Fine. But you know I don't hate you, Abigail." 

She scoffed. "Yeah well I hate you! You fucking shot me, Tom!" She stood up, her palms resting firmly on the table. He did the same.

"Oh please! I was never going to kill you!" 

She faltered. "What? You shot me! How were you not trying to-"

"Just leave it, okay. Trust me, you really don't want to know. I was never going to actually kill you, let's just leave it at that."

He stood up to leave the room, she followed him quickly, scrambling from her chair. 

"Where are you going? You can't leave this room, Lawrence!"

They were now stood on the raised walkway overlooking the BAU. Agent by agent the entire floor noticed that Lawrence had left the room and slowly it was passed around the bullpen until it reached the rest of Abby's team; including Spencer, and unfortunately, Hotch - who was not impressed with yet another public domestic from Abby. 

Lawrence looked between her and her friends. "Oh, I'm only Lawrence in front of your team? Appearances are important, even if they are lies, right Abigail?"

Spencer lead the approach. Abby was not ready for this conversation so before he could reach them she grabbed Tom and lead him in the direction of the interrogation room. 

"In." She shoved him in, slamming the door behind her. Tom raised his eyebrow. "What are you talking about? What do I really not want to know?" She studied his face, watching where his eyes looked and where they didn't, the crease in his brow, the flare of his nostrils. "You know where it is, don't you?"

He grabbed her by her chin and pushed her against the wall. The door burst open and looking over Tom's shoulder was a very angry looking Morgan and an equally pissed off Hotch. Tom looked over his shoulder; "You know, it really is a wonder how you managed to rise through the ranks so quickly, because you sure disobey a lot of orders, SSA Laurens." She squirmed in his grip as he turned back to her, "No Spencer?"

"That's enough, Lawrence. Let her go." 

"No. I don't think I will." 

Abby felt the breath leave her body. That was what Hall said to her, those exact words, and Lawrence knew that. So why was he saying it? Because he was evil? Or because he was trying to get her to figure something out?

"Hotch, Morgan, it's fine." She silently instructed them to leave. She had no idea what was in that book but the only she was sure of was that the more people that knew, the worse. She peeked over his shoulder and nodded at two very concerned faces. But despite their better judgement they left and closed the door behind them securely leaving Abby and Tom alone once again.

"What's in it? The notebook." She whispered. She knew they'd have turned the cameras on the rest of the team had probably already been watching the whole thing.

"Anybody know what the fuck is going on!?" Morgan shouted as soon as him and Hotch left the room. Nobody answered him. "Reid?" 

"I - no. Hotch what do we do?" Spencer returned Morgan's question with one of his own. He had no idea how to help his girlfriend, he had no idea what she was involved in. 

"Garcia."

"Yes sir."

"Get me Chief Charles Johnson on the phone." 

"O-okay." 

To her total surprise, Tom just hung his head at her question. "I did what I had to do and Leo was part of that." 

At the mention of his name, Abby shoved him off of her. "Shut up. Shut the fuck up, Lawrence!"

"Abby-" 

"No! You do not get to Abby me!" This was the second time in the space of one day that her team had seen her like this, and the second time since they'd known her that she had been this angry. "Tell me what is in the fucking notebook because this is ridiculous! I was there too, okay? I was tortured too, I watched as you bled out, as you were beaten - I LEFT YOU! I left you there! And that killed me, it kills me! I had to shoot my friend in the head and held my fiance as he died in my fucking arms, so if anybody, anybody gets to be as fucking angry about this as you are then it should be me!" 

There was a horrifying silence. One that no one had heard before. 

"I - I need you to remember this -" She scoffed again at his words. "Leo...he was never your fiance." 

She had no words. She could not imagine how somebody could be so fucking cruel. 

"Fuck you, Lawrence." She got out of his grip, of which he had already loosened and got to the door, placing her hand of the doorknob.

"You already have." 

. . . . . . . . . .

HI OMG IM SO SORRY HI HI HI ITS BEEN SO LONG I KNOW OMG SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED LIKE SO MUCH BUT HI IM BACK AND IM READY TO FINISH THIS STORY IK NO ONE IS PROBABLY STILL READING IT BUT IT'S FINE HI ILY IF U ARE AND THIS BOUTA END AND IM SORRY 

i also have a new Spencer story, it's called 'captive' and just a warning it is v dark but im very proud of it <3333

don't forget to vote and comment, it really does mean a lot. i hope you're enjoying 'silence'.