twenty

ƚɯҽɳƚყ

alaska

.

.

abby finally found herself back in the elevator in the FBI building two weeks later. Hotch had quite literally ordered her to take the time off once she'd been discharged from hospital; the day after her discharge the team had been called away to a case and as much as she pleaded to her boss to let her go with them or at least work with Penelope back at the BAU building, he had refused. Much to Spencer's relief.

As the doctor had been called away the minute Abby was released from hospital they had not got round to their coffee [not-a-date-] date. Once the team had returned, Abby's painkillers had taken full effect and she was sleeping most days, everyday. And combined with the stress of Lawrence - which she was beginning to dwell on in her isolation - she had no motivation to see anyone who was not the pizza delivery man.

But the FBI doctor had finally cleared her for work once again (on the condition that she had, and actually attended, a weekly mandated therapy session) so here she stood.

The familiar ding from the elevator filled Abby with the anxious-excitement that she felt on her first day three months ago; she felt like she was returning from vacation. A really shitty, lonely vacation.

"Surprise!"

The blonde jumped as she walked from the elevator. She was greeted by a grinning Garcia - who had welcomed her as she entered the building - and a bright eyed, smiling rest of the BAU; even Hotch.

Garcia shoved a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates into her arms.

"I was going to get you alcohol like so much alcohol! But then the Doctor over here said that it could mix with your painkillers and they wouldn't work and I tried to tell him, 'the alcohol that Miss PG buys is your painkiller.' And then Hotch also said that I couldn't get you alcohol for some ridiculous bureau regulated reasons and he scares me a lot more than Boy Wonder so I got you chocolate instead! But me, you and JJ will go out for a girls night I promise and there will be no testosterone and we will get wasted!"

"Baby girl, relax." Morgan laughed at her excited ramblings.

"I'm sorry! I'm just so glad you're back. It's been the most boring two weeks of my life! No offence to you all but ah!" The eldest blonde pulled Abby in for a very tight hug. Abby returned it the best she could with her hands now full. She had really missed Garcia, for this exact reason.

"Garcia, let the girl breathe." Rossi joked. Once she had finally let the girl go, the older Italian man pulled her in for a hug. "We've missed you, Kid."

"I've missed you too." He grabbed her cheeks and air kissed them both.

Morgan and JJ each pulled her in for hugs, JJ took the flowers and chocolates from her, explaining that "they need to be put into water because they die so quickly!". Morgan gave her a kiss on her forehead.