one

A

A.N.

Just a warning about this book, the characters are quite different to how you'd expect them to be in the movies, so read at your own risk!

Valentina Spencer

"Good morning, Val!" I heard my best friend Natasha call out, waving me over to the booth she was sitting in.

I waved back at her, sliding into the seat opposite her and smiling.

Nat and I have been best friends since I can remember, really.

We grew up together, we went to school together, had sleepovers and told eachother everything about everything.

We supported eachother no matter what, so once I told her I had joined the League of Assassins eight years ago, the day I turned nineteen, naturally she was surprised.

She came to terms with it eventually though, and she swore on her life that she wouldn't tell anyone.

I believe her.

The thing is, we are forbidden to tell anyone outside of the League that we're a part of it, but I couldn't just not tell Nat.

What kind of friend would I be then?

She knows we'll both get killed if she opens her mouth about it, so I have faith she'll take it to her grave.

"Hey Nat." I said, placing my hand on hers and giving it a gentle squeeze before retracting it, and looking at the menu.

It's been a tradition of ours for years to get Sunday morning brunch together.

When I was fifteen, I was asked to come here on a date, on a Sunday for brunch, but I was stood up.

Nat coincidentally was there when it happened, and she kept me company, buying me a coffee and cheering me up, so we had brunch together instead.

Now, years later, here we are.

"Do you want the usual?" She asked, and I nodded.

"So do I." Nat said, chuckling lightly before going to the counter and ordering.

We'd spoken previously about the idea of dating, knowing we're both bisexual, but quickly after that we decided against it.

We wouldn't work as a couple, we're way too different, and besides, she's all I have.

I'd hate to lose her because of a breakup.

She returned, and gave me a smile.

"So how's your week been, Black Adder?"

I glared at her, making her laugh at me.

Black Adder was my code name, and had become a symbol of the League of Assassins.