thirteen

Valentina Spencer

Valentina Spencer

5 days until the deadline.

What happened in Tony's basement still shook me to my core, since he knew exactly how to get in my head now.

The fact he told Clint to follow me the other day wasn't helping with my paranoia, either.

I felt like anyone that looked at me was following me.

One thing was for sure though, I needed to kill Tony, and soon.

"Val, are you listening to me?" Nat asked, and I looked over at her.

"No sorry, what did you say?" I asked, making Nat smile apologetically.

"I was saying that I think maybe joining the Avengers is a good idea."

"I'm sorry, what?!" I yelled, making a few heads turn to us, and Nat shushed me.

"Sorry, she's a bit dramatic." Nat said to the strangers, ushering them to turn back around.

"Are you on drugs?" I asked seriously, and Nat shook her head, taking a sip of her coffee.

"I know you said you want to mess with him until the last day, but you haven't really hurt him. I'm worried you won't be able to kill Tony." She said, taking my hand.

"Maybe you would be better off accepting defeat before it actually happens?" She suggested, and I almost spat out my banana bread.

"You don't think I'm capable enough?" I asked, leaning back in my chair, making Nat shake her head.

"It's not that, Val. I think you're brilliant at what you do." She said, and I rolled my eyes.

"But?"

"But," She started, and I groaned.

"Tony has people willing to die for him. The entire world loves him. You're brilliant Val, but not perfect. I don't want you getting hurt."

"I haven't gotten hurt yet." I told her, and Nat laughed.

"You could've gotten killed in his basement, and besides, you'll be more protected in the Avengers than you are in the League."

"Nat." I trailed off, and she gave me an innocent look.

"I just want you to be safe, Val."

"I know." I sighed, and she smiled.

"But I can kill him, I know I can." I said, but Nat shook her head.

"I don't think you can. What's your final plan, for the day?" She asked, and I stared at her.

"I'm gonna sneak through the trees to the back, knock the guards unconcious, sneak in through the top left window, that's his office. Then I'll wait under his desk until he comes in, and then I'll shoot him."