eight

Valentina Spencer

Valentina Spencer

13 days until the deadline.

"So let me get this straight, you're saying Tony just let you cut him?" Nat asked, biting into her corndog, and I nodded.

"Apparently so, I don't know if I believe it though." I said, tossing the rest of my corndog in the bin, wiping some sauce off my hands.

"Well, do you wanna go on the Ferris wheel?" She asked, trying to get my mind off of it, and I laughed.

"Absolutely I do."

Nat and I were at the local fair, eating carnival food and going on rides, trying to relax.

It had been a few days since my interaction with Tony.

After I said bye to Steve, I went back to my place and found a note from Nat saying she had gone home because I ran out of cookies.

"Does this Steve guy seem trustworthy enough?" Nat asked, buying two tickets to the Ferris wheel, and I shrugged.

"He's very, very charming, but he's really nice to me." I said, and Nat nodded, understanding.

"That being said though, he did drug me when we first met, so it'll take some time for me to fully warm up to him."

"That makes sense." She said, and I chuckled.

"Plus," I said, smirking.

"I kind of need a way into Tony's place. Steve is incredibly beneficial." I said, making Nat smile.

"You raise a good point."

We got on the Ferris wheel, and she swung her legs like a child, and I joined in.

"How are things with Amy?" I asked, making Nat look happy.

"Good, we're going on another date next week, and we've been texting heaps. She seems really into me, which is really exciting."

"That's great Nat! I'm still stoked to meet her." I said happily, making her laugh.

"You will soon, I promise."

"I fucking better, I need to approve of her." I said, turning to look at Nat.

"I have to make sure my best friend is making the right choices, obviously."

"So," Nat put her arm around me.

"What's the next move with Stark, agent?" She asked, and I shoved her arm off me, laughing.

"Are you just asking to make conversation, or to make fun of me?"

"I gotta make sure my best friend is making the right choices." She shrugged, and I hit her.

"Hey, that's my line!" I exclaimed, and Nat started giggling.

"Just spill the details." She said, and I sighed, smiling at her.