seven

Valentina Spencer

15 days until the deadline.

"Oh please, little mouse, if you think you're going to be able to kill me, you're wrong. I have guards everywhere. I only need three seconds and I'll have my suit on. There's so, so many of us, and only one of you."

"Mr Stark-" I tried to say, but he interrupted me.

"It would take you weeks to plan an attack through my guards."

"Stark-" I tried again, to no avail.

He was really trying to get his point across.

"Funny thing though, Amor, they move stations. My guards change daily, so I wish you luck memorising the rotation."

"Can you let me-" I asked, but he just kept talking.

"And even if you could get past them, do you really think I'd give up without a fight?"

"Let me go!" I yelled, and he stared at me.

Our faces were way too close for my liking.

His breath was fanning over my lips, and it felt hot.

"You have fifteen days." Tony said, smirking and letting go of my arms.

"Mr Stark, would you like to know something?" I asked, taking the small knife out my back pocket, and twirling it around my finger.

His eyes never left mine though.

I could tell he wasn't intimidated at all.

I'll have to change that.

"Enlighten me, Mi Amor."

"How do you think I got my job? Do you think I got it by killing easy targets?" I asked, and laughed sarcastically.

"No, I worked my way up the ranks, Mr Stark. I kill who I'm told to kill, regardless of their social status or security." I said, and Tony smirked at me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"The only reason I'm taking so long with you is because, admittedly I quite enjoy our little talks." I said, looking Tony up and down.

"If I want you dead, then trust me, you'll be dead."

"So what I'm hearing is," Tony started, walking over to the bedroom door and locking it.

That can't be good.

"You enjoy our little talks, is that it Amor?"

"They can be entertaining at times, Mr Stark." I answered honestly, and he smirked, looking over at me.

He leaned against the wall, and I stood up straighter, watching him carefully.

"So, why don't we talk some more?"

"What would you like to talk about, Mr Stark?" I asked, putting my knife in my pocket and picking my dress up off the floor, locking eyes with him.

"When you work with me-" Tony started, but I cut him off.

"That won't happen."

He just laughed at me, brushing me off.

"Like I said, when you work for me, how do you feel about seducing targets as a distraction?" Tony smirked, eyeing my body up at down, while I gave him the middle finger.

"Did you really just ask me that, Mr Stark?" I asked, walking towards the door and putting my hand on the doorknob to twist it.

Before I could open the door, Tony slammed his hand on it, loudly closing it.