seventeen

Valentina Spencer

I didn't know what to think about my new situation.

Marshall was going to put a target on my head the second he finds out that I joined the Avengers.

"Steve?" I asked, walking through the front door of the Avengers facility, finding my friend in the kitchen.

"Yes, angel? What can I do for my favourite colleague?" He smiled at me from the counter, and I groaned.

"Don't you dare rub it in." I rolled my eyes, walking over to the counter and jumping onto it, sitting next to him and swinging my legs.

"How do I tell Marshall I quit? He's going to try and kill me." I pointed out, making Steve shrug and chuckle a little.

"Just text him and tell him you're done, it's that simple."

"It's not that simple. Why did I even ask you?" I grumbled, leaning back on the counter so I was lying down, and Steve joined me.

"I don't know, maybe because you don't really know Barton, you don't want to talk to Tony and you hate Nat. I'm all you've got." He pointed out, and I sighed.

He was right, he was the only person I wanted to talk to.

"I could introduce you to the other Avengers, but I don't want to overwhelm you."

"You still shot me." I asked, making Steve smiled softly.

"You're not over that?" He asked, tilting his head.

"I will be, if you give me a better idea." I pouted, and Steve poked my nose, making me swat his hand away.

"I went easy on you in Tony's office, isn't that enough?"

"Why did you do that, by the way?" I asked, and Steve smiled.

"I didn't want to kill you, and I knew you wouldn't be able to kill Tony."

I stayed silent, and Steve looked at the ceiling.

"Maybe text him and say you're moving to Germany?" He suggested, but I shook my head, knowing that wouldn't work.

"He'll find me." I said, groaning and resting my hand on my forehead.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Clint asked, and I sat up, looking at him.

"Marshall is going to put a target on my head, Barton."

"I know." He said, smiling sadly as Steve sat up, lazily throwing his arm around me.

"But you have us now, we're here to protect you. If someone comes here to kill you, we'll rip his legs off." Steve pointed out, and I chuckled.

"Thankyou, boys." I said, and took my phone out.

"What are you doing?" Steve asked, and I looked at him.

"Doing what I need to do." I shrugged, opening up a few kitchen drawers until I found a hammer underneath the sink.

I placed my phone on the counter, and looked at Clint and Steve.

"Anyone want to do the honours?" I asked, and Steve shook his head, while Barton nodded excitedly.

"Absolutely I do!"

I handed him the hammer, and watched as he happily hit my phone repeatedly with it.

"Done." He laughed, and I burst into laughter, highfiving him.

I grabbed my broken phone, throwing it in the trash and turning to Steve.