two

Valentina Spencer

Valentina Spencer

As soon as I left Marshall's office, I walked back to my car, sitting in the drivers seat and calling Nat.

"Hey, is the meeting over, Val?!" Nat asked, and I opened my mouth to reply, but before I could, she spoke again.

"How was it?" She asked sincerely, and I shrugged, quickly laughing to myself when I realised she couldn't see me.

"It was okay, but I do need your help." I said, and Nat gasped.

"Do I get a gun?" She asked, making me laugh loudly, starting the car and driving to the shops.

"Absolutely not."

"Well that's boring then." Nat shot back, and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, I'm hanging up now." I said, and she gasped.

"Wait, no!"

"Good. How would you fancy coming shopping with me?" I asked, making Nat groan.

She hates shopping.

"Gross, why?" She asked, and I chuckled, knowing she'd say that.

"I need to get a gown for a banquet tonight, and I'd like another person's opinion."

"Oh, is this part of the mission?" She asked excitedly, making me laugh.

"Yes, are you in or not?"

"Absolutely, I'm in."

• • •

"I think you should go with a neutral dress." Nat said, pointing to black and white dresses.

"You usually wear dark clothing, so we know it suits you."

"That's true." I chuckled, and Nat nodded her head.

"Think about it. Something neutral will help you blend in more."

She raises a good point.

"Plus maybe you'd be able to find your target easier that way."

I gasped, hitting Nat's shoulder.

"That is surprisingly smart, Nat. Let's look for dresses that are black or white." I said, walking over to a rack, and Nat pulled one off.

"This one is nice?" Nat suggested, showing me a white dress that stopped around mid thigh.

"That is very nice, I like your style." I said, and put it back on the rack, turning to face her.

"But try to find one that's floor length, I wanna strap a knife to my thigh and it'll need to be hidden." I told her, making her nod.

"That's a bit cheeky." Nat chuckled, and I joined in.