twenty

Valentina Spencer

We parked the car a few streets away to avoid any suspicion, and I got out the car.

"Alright, follow me." I instructed, putting my gun in it's holster and holding my knife tightly in my hand, leading Steve through the bushes.

He had his shield, and jogged to catch up with me, slowing down once he'd reached my side.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Steve asked, making me nod.

"No time like the present."

"What's the plan?" He questioned and I gestured for him to duck, which he did.

I crouched down next to him, and pointed at the back door to the facility, where several guards were standing and chatting.

"We take down the guards as silently as possible." I whispered, counting them in my head.

Seven.

"The last thing we want is for the alarm to get triggered."

"And if it does?" Steve asked, making me sigh.

"Reinforcements come, and we could die."

"They'll kill us?" He questioned, and I shrugged.

"Well, they'll definitely try."

"Then we stick together." Steve said, locking eyes with me.

"Sounds good, do you see the man in the middle?" I asked, and Steve nodded, watching him.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"If you look carefully, you can see a detonator looking device in his hand." I said, making Steve hum.

"Bomb?"

"Alarm." I correct him, and pointed to a pole next to the building.

"And there's the other one. We need to take out both before we do anything else." I instructed, and Steve nodded in agreement.

"Have you got your sniper?" He asked, and I smirked.

"Of course, who do you think I am?"

Steve shook his head, laughing lightly while I set up my gun, and he looked over at me.

"If you shoot the two alarms, I can jump in and take out a few of the guards, if you want to finish the job."

"Roger that." I winked, lining up my shot, and Steve began sliding down the hill.

I shot the alarm on the pole first, my silencer doing its job and not raising too much suspicion, but when I shot the alarm in the guards hand, that certainly got their attention.

I landed a headshot on the middle guard while Steve fought off two, and I quickly stopped the others from attacking Steve or running inside, shooting them all in the chest.

Steve snapped the neck of another guard, choking the final one until he fell into an unconscious heap on the floor.

"No witnesses, Rogers." I said into my earpiece while I disabled the sniper, putting it in my bag and sliding down the hill.

"He's unconscious, he won't remember anything." Steve tried to reason with me, and I shook my head, walking up to him.

"My way or the highway, Captain." I said, putting a silencer on my pistol and shooting the guard in the forehead.

"It's just the way it is."

"Let's just get this over with." Steve sighed, and I pat his bicep before walking over the to door, looking at the keypad.