six

Valentina Spencer

Valentina Spencer

15 days until the deadline.

I decided not to respond to Tony, instead choosing to hang up straight away.

'That was rude, Valentina. I don't like being neglected like that.'

I ignored his text, and pulled up my messages with Marshall.

'I need a month.'

I knew he wouldn't be happy about that, but I didn't really have a choice.

'Why do you need a month, Agent 16? You are better than this.'

'Please sir, the long game is needed with this one. He has strong forces, I need to memorise a guard rotation that changes constantly, as well as prepare for a fight I've never encountered before.'

'You have 30 days.'

I put my phone down, turning to look at the hallway where Nat was, and she waved at me.

"Hey, wanna go to the shops today and buy cake supplies? I feel like a cake." She asked, walking into the living room, wearing a tight bodysuit and jeans.

I decided to be cheeky, taking a quick photo of her while she wasn't looking, and once I had made sure she looked good in it, I sent it to Tony.

'Gonna make a cake with my friend, how about that?'

"Sure, that sounds like fun Nat." I said, putting my phone down.

"Let's go to the supermarket."

She gave me a smile, grabbing her coat and walking out the door, waiting for me in the car.

I followed her, putting on a scarf and put the keys in the ignition, feeling a buzz in my pocket, but I tried my best to ignore it.

Nat turning the radio up, singing to Shawn Mendes, while I enjoyed the music from the drivers seat.

It only lasted a few minutes, and as soon as we got to the store, I took my phone out my pocket, seeing a message from Tony.

'You can do better.'

I scoffed, typing a response.

'Did you see that body, Stark?'

'I did, and you can do better.' He said, and I rolled my eyes.

'Like your body is so special.'

'Oh, Mi Amor, you have no idea.'

I decided not to respond, putting my phone in my back pocket, and getting chocolate cake supplies with Nat.

• • •

"Can we just eat the batter instead of baking the cake?" Nat asked, and I laughed at her, shaking my head.