nine

Valentina Spencer

Valentina Spencer

11 days until the deadline.

I got in my car and put the popcorn for Steve in the passenger seat, turning on the ignition and driving to the Avengers Facility.

I wanted to give Steve the popcorn and start a fight with Stark.

It'd been a few days since I'd been annoying, and I was getting some serious withdrawals.

I haven't gone this long without killing anyone in a while, and I was just itching to start some drama.

I dialled Steve's number, and he picked up almost instantly.

"Hey angel!" His voice rang through my car, and I smiled slightly.

"Hey Steve, I'm coming over. Is that okay?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Darling, you don't even need to ask anymore, just walk in."

"You're making me feel special Steve, truly." I said, and he laughed.

"It's my pleasure."

"Cute, I got you something by the way."

"Is it a dog?" He asked, sounding hopeful, making me roll my eyes.

"It's popcorn, idiot."

"Oh."

"What do you mean oh? You wanted popcorn." I said, and he playfully scoffed.

"I also want a dog."

"Well that's not my problem." I said, making Steve hum in thought.

"It kind of is, because you didn't get me a dog."

"I'm hanging up now." I said, getting ready to end the call, but Steve spoke up.

"No wait-"

I cut him off by hanging up, dialling Tony's number straight away.

"Mi Amor."

"Mr Stark." I smirked, and he sighed.

"Are you ever going to call me by my first name, Valentina?" Tony asked, making me laugh to myself.

"Unfortunately, no. I don't generally create ties with my targets."

"But I'm not a target, I'm more of a future boss, slash co-worker." He said, making me scoff.

"If today will go as last visit did, you'll be six feet under before you can ever say the word 'boss'."

"Tsk tsk, are you on your way to my place without telling me, mouse?" Tony asked, and I chuckled.

"Maybe."

"Valentina." He said warningly, making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I am."