four

Valentina Spencer

I woke up, and immediately knew I wasn't in my bed.

The room was dimly lit, and the digital clock on the wall read 2:43 a.m.

This bed was queen sized, my bed at home was a double, not to mention the design of the room was completely neutral.

I'm definitely not in my house, but who's house was it?

I quickly got out of bed, and on the way to the door, I noticed my reflection in the mirror.

I was in an oversized shirt, an AC/DC one.

Who's shirt is this, and who the fuck changed me?

I ran to the door handle, and was incredibly surprised to find it unlocked.

Score.

I slowly turned the knob and opened the door, which creaked slightly, but I don't think it was enough to wake anyone up.

While I walked down the hallway, I took in my surroundings.

I was in a big house, an expensive one, I knew that much.

I walked down the staircase, and the second I reached the bottom, I heard a voice coming from my left.

"Hello there, love. Could I interest you in some coffee?"

It was Steve.

I slowly approached the kitchen, and saw him leaning on the counter, sipping a cup of tea.

"You're really asking me if I want coffee, Steve?" I asked, and he just nodded, shrugging as if he didn't understand what the issue was.

"Yes."

"Why, do you want to drug me again?" I shot at him, crossing my arms over my chest, and he chuckled quietly.

"Hey, no hard feelings? It was kind of an order I had to obey." Steve said, and then gestured to the house around us.

"Besides, you're going to want friends around here, Chelsea."

"In the interest of friendship, Steve, my name is Valentina, but that is all I will tell you."

"Valentina." Steve nodded, taking in it.

"That suits you better."

"Well, thanks." I said, and he chuckled.

"Regardless, you are one crazy woman." Steve said, looking me in the eyes.

"You were hired to kill Tony Stark? Did you really think you could get away with it?" He asked, and I laughed.

"Of course I do, and I will." I said, looking around, eventually looking back at Steve.

"After I escape though, but just keep that between us, pal."

"Sure, your secret is safe with me, buddy." Steve smirked, both of us knowing that wasn't true.

"Well thanks, I really appreciate it." I said sarcastically, turning around.

"You're a good friend, chum." I said, walking towards the front door.

"And I really appreciate that, Valentina."

"So," I said, gesturing to the front door.

"Are you actually going to let me leave?" I asked, and Steve smiled softly at me.

"I'll let you leave quietly, but have a coffee with me first." He said, and I glared at him, making him raise his hands in defence.

"You can watch me make it, if that makes you feel any better."