twenty four

Valentina Spencer

Going through files was fucking boring.

"So now we have to take down the League, and figure out what to do with your friend?" Clint asked, and Steve nodded.

"Yes, but the League comes first."

"We'll probably find Bucky through the takedown anyway, my guess is he'll show up." I said nonchalantly, flipping through another file.

"So if he's there, we'll need a game plan on how to take him out." Bruce said, making Steve clear his throat.

"On how to take him down, Banner."

"Down." Bruce corrected, and I scoffed, flicking through another file.

"He's all mine."

"He's dangerous." Steve said, making me shrug.

"So am I."

"Let's take the League down from the inside." Tony suggested, and I looked over at him, seeing him already staring at me.

"How do you suppose we do that?" I asked, and he smirked.

"Just kill Marshall or whoever."

"They'll replace him." I said, and Clint looked confused.

"Who's 'they'?"

"The people above Marshall, the people who run every league across the world." I said, making everyone turn to look at me.

"Marshall just operates the base here. There's a Marshall in every base around the world, and the top dogs are in-charge of them, while they're in charge of us." I explained, and they all seemed satisfied.

"So we find them, and we take them down." Steve said simply, but I shook my head.

"I doubt that's even slightly possible." I laughed half heartedly, but Thor seemed hopeful.

"Valentina, whoever hired James Barnes is probably the same person in charge of your old boss."

"Does Marshall have to power to hire new recruits, or is it the people above him?" Clint asked, looking through some files, but I shrugged.

"I have no idea."

"There's only one way to find out." Tony said, and I looked over at him.

"We get Bucky first, and we make him spill any information he might have." I said, making Steve nod, smirking.

"Then we take down the League."

"We take down this base." I corrected, tossing a file to the side.

"Taking down every base across the world will take some effort, but we'll get there eventually."

"There's no time to waste then." Thor smiled, stacking a pile of files and standing up.

"Let's go find Barnes."

"I suggest we use bait, to lure Bucky to us." Tony suggested, and I nodded in agreement.

"I suggest the bait, be me." I stood up, and everyone looked at me in surprise.

"Why?" Nat asked, making me shrug.

"I'm the one he wants." I responded, cracking my knuckles nonchalantly.

"If I call Marshall and say I want my old job back or something like that, Bucky will be sure to be there."

"What makes you say that'll work?" Steve asked, making me smile.

"There's no way the League will take me back after everything, so they'll know it's a trick." I said, and Tony smirked at me, knowing what I was going to say.