twenty seven

Tony Stark

Once I'd gotten my suit on, Nat and Steve got into the quinjet, and I cracked my knuckles, looking over at them.

"I'll meet you guys there."

"Don't do anything Val wouldn't do!" Nat called after me, making me smirk.

Oh, everything I'm about to do is 100% Valentina Spencer approved, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

I spent the entire flight thinking of all the creative ways I could kill Marshall, taking some solace at the thought of his merciless death.

He was gonna pay for what he's done to my girl.

I'm gonna cut him once for every scratch, bruise or mark of any kind on her skin.

Part of me really wanted to hurt Bucky for what he did to Valentina, but despite that, I couldn't even bring myself to imagine it.

I knew he was being brainwashed, and I knew how much he meant to Steve.

Usually I'd kick his ass anyway, but Val was speaking to him with such sympathy and softness.

She had hope that he could come back to the light.

I knew with confidence that fighting Bucky was a line I didn't want to cross.

He needs rescuing as much as she does, so that's what I'll do.

I made it to the facility faster than Steve and Nat, so I landed out the back and waited impatiently.

"I'm here, where are you?" I asked, hearing the sound of the quinjet in the distance.

"We're landing a little bit away, we don't want to raise suspicion." Nat responded, making me roll my eyes.

"It's pretty bold of you to assume I'm not going in with my repulsors blasting."

"Tony, I know where Marshall's office is, we can do this quietly." Steve tried to reason with me, but I wasn't having a bar of it.

"Rogers, think for a second about what you saw him do to Val." I said, watching them emerge from the bushes.

"Think about what he made Bucky do to Val." I pushed, locking eyes with Steve while he approached me.

"Do you really think these assholes deserve for us to go easy on them?"

I could tell mentioning Bucky had an effect on Steve, who looked just about ready to kill someone.

"Tony's right." Nat said, looking at the building behind me.

"We're taking down the League anyway right?"

"Yeah, we might as well have some fun with it." I said, putting my helmet on and blasting AC/DC through my speakers.

I kicked the back door off its hinges, turning to look at Nat and Steve.

"Let's fucking save my girl."

"Let's do it." Steve nodded, throwing his shield at the first guard we spotted.

Nat grabbed her guns out, walking down a seperate hallway to the left.

"Call me when you get him, I'm gonna go take my anger out."