eleven

Valentina Spencer

Valentina Spencer

7 days until the deadline.

I had a week to kill Tony Stark.

I decided to call Nat, and she picked up almost straight away.

"Hey Val! Long time no talk! How the hell are you?" She asked, and I laughed.

"I'm alright, how are you Nat?"

"Good, things with Amy are going so well!" She exclaimed, making me smile to myself.

"I'm so happy to hear that, I still can't wait to meet her." I said, and Nat laughed.

"Soon enough Val. How are things going with the Stark mission?"

"I have no idea. I'm keeping up this big, confident front for Tony and Steve, but I'm starting to think this is going to be a lot harder than I originally thought." I admitted, and Nat sighed.

"Try not to think like that, I believe in you."

"I'm gonna see him now, so we'll see how it goes." I said, and she took a moment to respond.

"To kill him? I thought that was saved for the last day."

"It is, I'm just popping in to say hi." I laughed, grabbing my car keys and walking out the house.

"And by 'popping in' you mean?" Nat asked, and I started the car.

"I might try cutting him up a little, just to see where it goes." I shrugged to myself, and she laughed.

"You're insane."

"That I am, but anyways I better get going. Bye." I said, and I hung up before she could respond.

I dialled Tony's number while I drove, and he picked up straight away.

"Mi Amor."

"Mr Stark, I believe there's a talk we need to have, one preferably in person?" I asked, and he hummed in agreement.

"There is, and you're on your way already I assume?"

"Indeed, see you soon, Mr Stark. I look forward to our chat." I said, making him chuckle.

"I do too little mouse, very much so, but you might make it home before I do. The guards will let you in."

"Another date, Starky?" I asked teasingly, and he was silent for a few seconds.

"No Valentina. I was at a meeting, and if you ever call me Starky again, I'll have you tied up in my basement. Understood?"

"I didn't mean to get your panties in a-" I said, but he interrupted me.

"Have I made myself clear, Valentina?" He asked, and I knew he wasn't really asking.

He was stern, and it gave me chills down my spine.