fourteen

Valentina Spencer

5 days until the deadline.

"Who is this?" Nat asked as soon as Steve and I walked through the door, making me sigh.

"Steve, it's a pleasure to meet you!" He exclaimed, extending his hand for Nat to shake.

"I'm Nat." She said, shaking Steve's hand, but eyeing him off suspiciously.

As she should.

"Are you the guy who drugged Val?" She asked, and Steve looked between us, smiling despite the awkward tension.

"That'd be me, my apologies." He smiled sheepishly, giving me an sorry glance.

"I was just following orders. Val and I are cool now, though." He said happily, and Nat looked at me for confirmation, so I just shrugged and nodded.

"Yeah, we're cool."

"Why is he here?" Nat asked me, and I shrugged again.

"He snuck in my car when I wasn't looking." I answered, making Nat laugh loudly.

"This guy snuck in your car?"

"I did." Steve smirked triumphantly, and I just gave Nat a blank look.

"I was surprised too."

"You literally screamed." Steve corrected me, and I scoffed.

"Pics or didn't happen, Rogers."

"It happened." Steve told Nat, who gave me an amused smile.

"How did you do that?" She asked Steve, and he just grinned.

"I unlocked her car when we were sneaking up the stairs, and when I left her in Tony's office, I slid into her backseat and waited for her to come back."

"You cheeky bugger." Nat laughed, and I smiled a little at their interaction.

They were getting along nicely, how weird.

"So, what do you two do for fun around here?" Steve asked, and Nat handed him the tv remote.

"Well, usually we watch movies and talk about Val's strategy to kill Tony Stark." She said, looking at Steve.

"But since you're here, we just watch movies." Nat joked, making him laugh.

"That sounds fun! Let's talk strategy." He tried to coerce with us, and I shoved him playfully.

"Not even funny, Steve." I said, leaning on my kitchen counter and making him pout at me.

"Well, I thought it was funny."

"It was actually kind of funny." Nat admitted, and I scoffed.

"Who's side are you on?" I asked, making Nat shrug.

"The fun side."

"Why don't you two just be best friends then?" I asked, and they both gave eachother a cheeky look.

"Maybe we will."

• • •

"Oh c'mon! You know I had that!" Steve exclaimed, shoving Nat playfully, and she laughed.

"It's not my fault, you just suck." She joked, which earned her fake glare from Steve.

They were playing Call of Duty, while I sat on the other side of the room and watched them in slight amusement.

Having Steve over was an interesting experience.

It wasn't a bad one, just strange.

I took a photo of him, and sent it to Tony.