twenty nine

Valentina Spencer

Valentina Spencer

"So, how is he doing?" I asked Steve, obviously referring to Bucky and making him shrug.

"Well all I can say is he's safely under, just peacefully dreaming for now."

"What are we gonna do when he wakes up?" I questioned him, handing my friend a beer.

I could tell he needed one.

"I want to help him remember everything, whatever it takes."

"Okay but no electro shock therapy." I warned, pointing a finger at Steve's chest, but he held his hands up defensively.

"No chance of that, I'm hoping showing him photos and news articles will help."

"I'm sure it's possible, at least." I said, and he nodded in agreement.

"It has to be."

"Well if it's any consolation, he did remember you for a moment." I pointed out, making him smile a little bit.

"Yeah, he did."

"And if he remembered the most annoying guy on the planet, maybe there's room for him to remember other things, but barely." I joked, pushing his shoulder lightly.

"You take up a lot of room in the old noggin'."

"You suck." Steve laughed, then gave me a knowing nod.

"But, thankyou."

"You're welcome." I said, jumping up on the kitchen counter and crossing my legs while Steve stood across from me, drinking his beer.

"By the way, you never told me what happened in the bunker." I pointed out, and gestured for Steve to grab the bottle of wine.

He did, and he handed it to me, along with a fancy glass.

"To be specific, I meant what happened when Tony and I were tying up loose ends." I said, beating around the bush instead of giving Marshall the satisfaction of saying his name.

I poured myself a glass of red wine whole Steve cleared his throat, sipping his beer and looking around.

"Hey, where is Tony?"

"Downstairs, working on his suits." I responded, waving my finger in his face.

"Don't change the subject, what happened down there?" I asked, and Steve ran a hand through his hair, chugging the rest of his beer before grabbing a new one.