thirty one

Valentina Spencer

I felt a burning desire to wash the blood off me, and silently made the decision to have a shower.

The house was full of dead bodies, some of them familiar faces, some of them not.

It was an odd feeling, to see so many people I used to talk to on a daily basis, dead at my feet.

I heard a second pair of footsteps behind my own while I walked, and I knew Tony was following me.

"Baby," he whispered, lighting touching my forearms and turning me to face him.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded, gesturing to the mass of corpses around us.

"I'm fine, just a tad overwhelmed."

I could tell Tony was a little taken aback by that, since I was so accustomed to death, but he didn't say anything about it.

Hell, it confused me too.

Perhaps I was going soft.

It was obvious he was thinking the same thing, and he slowly took my hand in his, kissing the back of it.

"I've got you, you're alright."

"I hope so." I said, feeling slightly frightened of my newfound compassion for the bodies around us.

Tony didn't seem to mind, though.

He seemed okay with it.

"I know so." Tony whispered, kissing my forehead while I looked at the stairs.

"Would you like to join me?" I asked, referring to to shower, making him smile softly.

"Only if you want me there."

"I really do." I responded, and Tony nodded a little before leading me up the stairs.

We walked in silence, wandering down the hallway to Tony's room, which had a bathroom attached to it.

He slowly opened the door and let me walk on the cold tiles first.

I'm lucky to have such a gentleman in my life.

I realised I was still wearing my robe, and thanked the heavens it stayed on during my confrontation with Charlotte.

Tony looked at me cautiously, and I knew he was about to ask for consent, to see if I was comfortable taking it off.

"Baby, are you ready?" He asked softly,  and I nodded while he smiled a little and went to turn the shower on.

I slowly took my robe off, feeling the silk drag across my skin, over the dried blood that made itself comfortable on my arms.

The water was hot, I could tell by the steam quickly fogging up the mirrors.

Tony extended his hand out for me to take, and I gently did, making him smile at me reassuringly.

"Come on, my love."

I walked over to him, stepping into the shower and feeling the hot water meet my skin, instantly making me feel a bit better.