thirty

Valentina Spencer

"Wake up!" I heard a yell, and I quickly sat up to see Tony in a slight panic, taking me by surprise.

Tony is never worried about anything.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked, and he held out his hand, letting his iron suit situate itself on him.

"Well we attacked the League and killed a bunch of them in an attempt to rescue you." Tony said, locking eyes with me.

"Plus you killed the big man so, the survivors aren't happy."

"Well, they can get fucked." I grumbled, pulling myself out of bed and putting a robe on while Tony took my hand, protectively walking in front of me.

"Any word on Bucky?" I asked, and Tony nodded, firing his repulsor at an assassin while I took a blade out, slicing the arm on another.

"Steve is watching Barnes, making sure no one can gets in and takes him."

"They want him back then?" I asked, and Tony sighed, turning to face me.

"They want to get Barnes, and kill you."

"Both seem pretty out of the question." I said, putting my back against Tony and holding my blade out to the throat of an assassin.

"Take your friends, and leave." I warned, and the person took off their mask.

"Been a while, huh?"

"Oh, hey Charlotte." I sighed, and Tony fired his repulsor again before turning around to face us.

"Who's this?"

"You didn't tell him about me?" Charlotte asked, and I shook my head.

"No."

"Are you two friends or something?" Tony pushed, and Charlotte smirked.

"Something like that."

"We used to go on missions together." I said, and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, until you gave me this." She snarled, gesturing to the scar over her eye, making me shrug.

"That wasn't my fault and you know it."

"Yes it was!" Charlotte yelled, pulling out her blade, and I sighed, placing my hand on Tony's arm.

"Babe, leave us." I whispered, making him look at me as if I had two heads.

"Not a chance, Valentina."

"Tony I'll be fine, go help the others." I smiled reassuringly after kissing his cheek, making him sigh but nod.

"Okay, but yell if you need me, and I'll be right there."

"I know you will." I whispered, and he glared at Charlotte before leaving to help the others in the fight.

"Charlotte, mind if we take this outside?" I asked, holding my blade out to her.

"I don't really want to get your blood on the marble, you understand."

"You've always been a bitch, haven't you Valentina?" She rolled her eyes, and I smirked.

"Perhaps." I shrugged, gesturing to the door.

"Ladies first."

Charlotte walked backwards out the door, making sure not to break eye contact while we held our blades tightly.

"So, you killed Marshall?" She asked, and I nodded triumphantly as we stepped onto the grass.

"Yeah, and it felt fucking amazing."