twelve

Valentina Spencer

7 days until the deadline.

I woke up in a dark room, and I could feel my arms tied behind my back in two different places.

Am I dreaming?

I knew for a fact that my legs were tied down too, and I quickly came to realise I'd been tied to a chair.

My stomach was also strapped to the black of the chair, making me roll my eyes.

It's a bit excessive, if you ask me.

There was no way I was getting out of here easily.

The memories came flooding back to me, making me sigh and throw my head back.

If Tony actually just tied me up in his basement, I swear I'm going to kill more people than just him.

Who am I kidding though, really.

I was probably going to kill a bunch of other people anyway, no hard feelings.

The lights flickered on after a moment, and I squinted to adjust to the change.

The person didn't talk until I'd stopped blinking so much, and I saw Steve standing at the door, leaning on the frame.

"You provoked him, didn't you gorgeous?" He asked, giving me a sympathetic look, and I sighed.

"I don't need your pity Steve, but as a matter of fact, I did." I said, making him laugh softly.

I watched him walk over to me, and he crouched down to my level, looking disappointed in me.

"Tony's really mad, Val." He said, and I gave him a look that meant I had already figured that part out.

"No shit."

"You're not getting away easily this time. You cut him for real, so the game is actually on now." Steve said, and my confident demeanor admittedly diminished for a moment.

"Hold on, hat do you mean by 'it's actually on now'?" I asked, and Steve laughed a little.

"You were never really a threat, angel. You cut him a while ago, but he let you. You tease and mess around for the sake of meddling, but you haven't actually done any harm." Steve pointed out, and I looked down.

Okay, ouch.

"Well until now, that is." He said, standing up and dusting off his hands.

"Now, you cut Tony for real this time, without him letting you. You've proven you're actually a threat now, angel."

Oops, I guess?

"Tony isn't taking you lightly anymore. Things are really serious, and that's why you're here."

"So because I cut Tony up a little, I'm tied up in the basement, awaiting further punishment?" I asked bluntly, and Steve nodded.

"Well you didn't cut him up a little, Val. The hip wound actually ran deeper than you thought. After he choked you until you blacked out, he went so pale that we all thought he would need some stitches. That's a lot more serious than you think."

"What is he going to do to me?" I asked, and Steve shrugged, giving me a small, sympathetic smile.

"He'll kill you, probably."

"That's fair enough." I laughed, but it was bitter and forced.

For fuck sakes, why didn't I just kill him when I had the chance?