eighteen

Valentina Spencer

Valentina Spencer

"I really think you'll fit in, Val." Steve hummed, tapping his fingers on the dashboard.

Fury didn't want me driving my own car, just incase someone was watching the outside of the house, so Steve picked one of Tony's many cars to take.

I insisted on driving, and Steve had no complaints.

"I guess. I only talk to you and Barton though." I pointed out, and he laughed.

"You'll come around once you meet the others, right Barton?" Steve asked, turning to the back seat.

"I mean yeah, hopefully. You seem like you'll fit in really well, Valentina." Clint said politely, and I gave him a soft smile through the car mirror.

"Thanks Barton, you're pretty cool."

We arrived to my place, and I tossed the keys to Steve as the three of us got out of Tony's car.

"Just pack your essentials, we'll sell your furniture another day." Steve instructed, and I nodded.

"I'll guard the door, you guys go inside." Clint said, and I agreed, grabbing my knife out.

Both boys pulled out their guns, and I opened the front door, slowly walking inside.

Everything looked completely in order, and I took in my surroundings as I walked through the hallway.

The house was the way I left it, so I put my knife back in my pocket.

"It's all clear." I said, and Steve called back to Barton that everything was fine.

"Alright angel, go pack a bag, I'll stay in the living room. Press this button if you need me." Steve said, handing me a small clicker while I jogged up to my bedroom.

When I opened the door, I froze.

A single white rose was sitting on my bed, a symbol of death in the League.

When an assassin dies, a single white rose is placed on their tombstone.

"Who's in here?" I asked quietly, and in the corner of my eye, a figure stepped into my room.

"I'm not dead." I said to the figure, and they chuckled.

"You will be soon, you need to watch out."

"I was the best assassin in the league. None of you can kill me." I said dryly.

"That is true, Valentina, but you're missing one thing." The figure stepped into my view.

"I can kill whoever I want with the click of my fingers."

"Get out Marshall, before I make you regret staying." I snarled, sneakily pressing the button on the clicker.