07

A couple of days have intervened and Harry hasn't encountered Malfoy. He wasn't looking forward to it either, but he still managed to feel incredulous of the blonde boy. Why was Draco acting so reticent and somewhat secretive lately?
As much as Harry had the urge to ascertain his suspicions about Malfoy, he made the decision to put this behind him and keep his nose out of it. He had other worries and responsibilities. He sighed as he raised his legs up on the table and began reading pages of his book.

"Hello Harry." He heard a soft, somehow dry voice from the corner of the common room that interrupted his reading. It was Ginny, his girlfriend. He paused for a moment and looked at her with apologetic eyes. She hasn't talked to him for a while, he can't blame her as he also hasn't been the best boyfriend lately. He noticed how he stopped receiving her warm smile every morning, how she would rarely hug him or hold his hand tightly. Could she be doing this due to my actions? I've been exceedingly distant from her, dodging her plans every time she asks me to spend time with her. And how I always end up in an incident with Malfoy, feeling things I shouldn't be feeling.

A tight knot wrapped in his stomach at the thought of him, but he immediately cleared his mind and looked over at Ginny and responded stuttering.
"H-hey Gin."
She gave him a half smile and hesitantly  turned and walked towards the girls dormitory.

No wonder her and Dean have been so close these days. They hangout almost every fucking day.
Jealousy filled him up but he knew he couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't particularly blame her, he was the one   who kind of pushed her away. But at the same time, Ginny cheating wasn't that much of a heroic choice of course.

***

"Alright class turn to page 394." Demanded professor Snape slowly as his eyes shifted to the door.
"Oh wow Mr. Potter 15 minutes late what a surprise."

Harry walked in late, wouldn't be the first time. He didn't have the energy to talk back to Severus so he scouted for a seat.

Every seat in the classroom was taken except for one. Unfortunately yet fortunately it was besides the one and only Malfoy.

Harry sighed and strutted towards the only empty seat left and sat down. He tried to keep his eyes on the pages of the book and not look up at the blonde boy next to him. He could sense from the corner of his eye, Draco wearing his signature smirk of course. All he could smell was Malfoy's scent, Sauvage Dior perfume intoxicated him. Yet it still attracted him in a way.

"A bit late aren't you?" Said Draco glaring right at the raven headed boy.

"Mind your bloody business, could you Malfoy?"

"Using my words against me I see Potter." Chuckled Draco.

Harry left no response and sighed.

"Awh let me guess, Weaslette problems?"Asked Draco sarcastically.

"What do you know about Ginny?"

Malfoy was the one now who was response-free. He ignored Harry's question and scanned through the papers.

~40 minutes later~

Draco looked up at the time. Class was over but he somehow stuck to his seat.
"What are you looking at?"

"Aren't you getting up?" Questioned Harry.

No answer.

"Whatever, it's not like a give a crap."
He did though, he was curious as to why Draco decided to stay in class, with professor Snape. Weird.

Harry made his way out of the room.... kind of. Due to his suspicion, he hid behind the outer door in a way he could hear quite a bit. Hesitantly, he laid the side of his head on the wall of the door and tried his best to figure out if someone was speaking, and if yes, about what.