13

Draco swallowed thickly as the tips of his pale fingers brushed on the surface of the parchment paper. With his back still facing Potter, he glanced one last time at the words of his father before folding the letter in half. He felt his body tense and heat up as his breathing became heavier and heavier. Sweat began forming on his forehead. Draco tried his best to manage acting skeptical before turning around to head out, planning not to speak any word to Harry on his way.

"What's gotten you so strained Malfoy?" Potter's low voice interrupted halfway through his path.

"Nothing. None of your concern." Seethed Draco with a glare and furrowed eyebrows.
Deep down, the blonde boy yearned for someone to know about this, someone he can put his faith in. A person who could understand him. We all know it's not possible for it to be Potter out of all people. Yes, he had Blaise and Parkinson but it still didn't seem quite right to him. And yes, they do listen to him and all of his problems however something still felt missing. He needed someone who has experienced the same amount of trauma he has encountered. Someone who has lost as much as he's lost. And no, Draco hasn't felt the grief of losing a loved-one, however he indeed hasn't had his free will and speech, nor has he known the love and affection of a father, and a normal childhood? What's that?

Malfoy rolled his eyes and reached out for the door handle until he felt his body jerk at the touch of a cold palm on his shoulder twisting him. For a moment he got lost in the green eyes that met his, they were the hue of the spring growth, bright and soft all at once.
Draco tore his gaze away after seconds and looked anywhere else other than the raven-haired boy.

"I'm not gonna ask again, what was in the letter Malfoy." Spoke Harry lowly, and it wasn't much of a question.

"And I'm not gonna answer again, it's anything but you're business Potter." Hissed Malfoy. "Besides, why do you even care?" He huffed once again.

"Well what's so bad that you can't tell me, huh Malfoy?"

"Oh please, why would you even think I would inform you out of all people about my personal life Potter?"

Harry wasn't going to take no for an answer.
And without any further thought, he snatched the piece of parchment from the blonde boy's hand who was a feet away from him.

He hadn't managed to open it when Draco let out a groan before grabbing Harry by the tie and pressing him harshly against the wall. Malfoy took the chance to rip out the letter from Potter's palm before he could even read it.

A wave of relief swept through him but he didn't release the brown haired boy yet.

"You really want to know yeah?" Breathed Draco heavily on Harry's neck.
"You really think you can handle it?" He continued as he tightened his grip and pushed him further into the wall.

"Just fucking say it and get it over with." Groaned Harry between breaths.

Draco let out a huff and released Potter from beneath him. A chuckle left his mouth. No, scratch that, he laughed as he placed his palm on his forehead.
Malfoy took a few steps back allowing raven-headed boy to pant.

You know what? I'm gonna fucking tell him, and he won't dare to speak of it to anyone, since I have a little surprise threat for him if he does.

"Alright Potter, fine."

Malfoy approached Potter once again and sighed.

"I have to end professor Dumbledore."
The words came out of his mouth as quick yet as smooth as possible.

Silence.

Draco had expected a much more different reaction. Harry just stood there glancing at his shoes.

"And here I thought I was the secretive one." Mumbled Malfoy eyeing Harry suspiciously.
Why hasn't he said anything? I would've thought I was gonna see him flip out and threaten me or something. Does he know anything?

And what Potter had said was probably one of the most unpredictable thing.

"I know."

Sorry y'all for the short chapter but please bear with me. A lot of drama and spice is coming soon.