25

Time Skip: 1 month later:

Harry's POV:

It was summer break, the Weasley's have been kind enough to offer me to stay at the Burrow along with Hermione, and I was thankful for that. They knew that the Dursley's wouldn't be such a pleasant place for me, especially after all that had happened.

Everyday was the same.

Wake up,

Eat,

Attempt to find the motivation to at least talk to my friends, and fail,

Try to do something resourceful, distract myself,

But all of that ceased to function.

I felt lost.

Feeling empty and feeling confused have such a strong connection to one another that I need to fully rest before I can figure out what is what.

There is a silence to my soul; I am fall leaves under frost. I feel the chill in my blood, coldness bringing the synapses of my brain to a stand still. Part of it is a pain, yet one I can endure, one I can sleep through night after night without the anaesthesia of false hope.

False hope that he might not be still breathing.

Flashback: A month ago:

His soft lips remained pressed on mine, our tongues intervening and battling for dominance. I was still pushed against the wall, it was cold against my back but I felt a great amount of warmth against the front of my body, making it more pleasant.
His hands travelled and discovered every square inch of me as I squirm under his touch.

The goosebumps that appeared on the surface of my skin made it pretty clear that the weather was freezing. The cold moves in only to meet the warmth of my blood, my defence against such ice. I feel it wash over my skin, again and again, only to be met by the beat of my heart.
Our breath rises with a jocund vibe to greet the wintry cloud, to become a tiny part of warming up the cold.

We were both panting uncontrollably into the kiss, groans and winces leaving my mouth.
I felt a cold hand wrap around the flesh on my neck, his grip tightened around it, his lips still pressed on mine.
The familiar touch of his frigid metallic rings dug harshly into my skin, he knew I liked that.

However, after a few seconds, I couldn't balance the feeling of disappointed and confusion in me when Malfoy pulled away suddenly and distanced himself, walking away.
He could feel my eyes burning through his back with questions as he walked yet he gave no answer.

I didn't go after him since I was too busy trying to catch my breath. My back found company with the cold stone wall behind me as my hand slowly traced its way up to the flesh on my neck, where he had left several marks, some from his harsh kisses and the others from his grasps.

I can't blame him for being confused, as I am too. But I couldn't help but wonder if something had gone wrong.

I wasn't aware that it was getting extremely late, the time had hit forty five minutes past twelve, the once salmon and lavender sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black, the night laid down a blanket of darkness, when I tilted my head skyward I could see clearly millions of bright stars dotted on the black sky night, the thick gloomy clouds shaded over the luminous moon covering its entirety, the sky was full of glistening stars but no moon.

I sighed in frustration. I was utterly befuddled.
All I was going to do now was head back up to my dorm and stay in there for god knows how long, and overthink everything.

And I did exactly that.

A few days have passed, although if felt like an eternity.
I rarely saw him.
Maybe once or twice we would share a glance, but one of us would quickly look away for some reason.
I hated it.
The confusion that ran through me felt like it was going to make me explode.
Why did he walk away?
Was it something I did?
Is he regretting it?
Did he feel like it's wrong?

What if it was something that had to do with... Voldemort?

My head was burning with questions I wished I had answers to.

The Astronomy Tower was one of the places I would head out to in attempt to ease my mind and relax. I think I've been spending more time there than in any other place in the castle.

It all went pretty typical.

Until one night, I was just about to walk back to my dormitory.
I felt an utter shock as a cold hand was wrapped around my mouth, refusing to let me speak. I winced and groaned as the person dragged me with them to god knows where.

I noticed that they slowed down their pace, until we were standing still.

Of course.

I knew it.

It was him.

He looked terrible, or tired may I say.

His eye bags grew darker and heavier while his skin was paler than ever.

There was an unexplainable look plastered on his face in which I couldn't figure out exactly. But it seemed as if he was... catastrophic or devastated.

Even though it felt like paradise to keep on staring at him like that as if he was a piece of art, I needed answers.

"Wha- you- what's going on?" It was not until I spoke when I realized that I was utterly breathless for some reason.

His keen eyes were still fixed on mine, like they were shooting daggers.
But he stayed silent.

I grew more and more impatient by the second. I opened my mouth to protest but got quickly cut off as I felt him grab my wrist sternly. A wince left my mouth as I spoke.
"Wh-what are you doi-"

"I don't have much time."
He said lowly.

I tried to say something but the words wouldn't form and come out of my mouth due to utter confusion. Until I finally responded stuttering.
"T-time for what? Malfoy what's going on-"

"Apparate."

Hey y'all!
First of all I just want to really thank you all so much for 1k reads. I'm really happy that you're enjoying my story!
Anyways,
The next chapter will continue in the same flashback. I will keep on narrating about what happened a month ago.

Xoxo.