18

It's been a week since Harry has last
encountered Malfoy in the room of requirement. He's rarely been seeing him ever since, and if he has, it was mostly in the great hall during breakfast or lunch. They would hold eye contact for a split second until one of them eventually broke it.

Harry had also noticed that Malfoy's been skipping a bunch of classes lately. The only sessions he would attend were probably potions or defense against the dark arts sometimes.

Draco also looked worse than before. His hair that used to be always tidied and swept back with an enormous amount of gel everyday was now messier then ever, dropping down to his forehead.
His eye bags that were already dark enough, became even darker.
And his blanched pale skin was now further colorless.

Harry spent his entire week trying to get his shit back together, attempting to attend as many classes as possible, completing all of his assignments, and trying to increase his grades overall.
However, it wasn't practically working.
Every time he tries to make an effort, distractions interrupt.
Distractions like Malfoy.

Harry kept convincing himself that he did his part. He offered his help but Draco and his large ego couldn't possibly accept it.

It's his loss.

He chose to deal with it by himself.

I'll just have to start minding my own business.

This thought would repeatedly enter through Harry's mind from one side, but of course, it would leave from the other.

But what if the task was completed.

What if Dumbledore ended up dead.

What if,

He died.

Malfoy.

Potter was furious with his own mind. He had to figure his shit out.

Maybe I'll speak to Hermione about this. She always knows how to help.

Harry decided to let it go for now and get some sleep since he hasn't gotten that for days.

~The next day~

"Hey mate, you're coming to Quidditch practice today, right?"
Questioned Ron as he eagerly stuffed a spoonful of mashed potatoes and eggs into his mouth.

Harry has skipped multiple practice sessions. He told himself he'll get back to it once he's in the right mind, but today wasn't exactly that day.

"I don't think I can make it. Detention with Slughorn." He lied.

"What's up with you and detention these days? You better start keeping yourself out of trouble. We're gonna need those house points."

Harry nodded warily, slowly sipping his pumpkin juice.

He turned around to face Hermione as he poked her gently with his finger, causing her to look back.

"Hey 'Mione, I need to talk to you after class. It's important." He muttered quietly.

"Alright, meet me at the library then."

~An hour later, after first period~

"Okay okay, slow down. You did WHAT now?" Exclaimed Hermione. Harry signaled her to keep it down incase someone else would've heard.

"For god's sake! Could you possibly be any louder?"

"Well I'm sorry but I just found out that Malfoy is working for Voldemort himself, AND on top of that, you offered him your help with his vicious death eater task which is killing our bloody headmaster! Nothing worth shouting for?"

Harry let out a heavy sigh.
"Blimey Hermione! Of course I wasn't going to help him kill Dumbledore, I just thought maybe I could assist him in finding another way-"

"Why would you want that?" Hermione cut him off.

Harry gave her a confused look as he wandered around in case anyone was there. He bent down closer and murmured.
"You know I like him-kinda- no I hate him actually. Whatever- you get the point."

Hermione gave him a sort of worried look.
"Harry I know where you're going with this, but don't you think that this could probably be all a set up? I mean what if he turns you in? Or leads you to........ you know who?" She shifted closer and continued. "Besides, he's been a total prick to you throughout your whole life."

"I- I don't know. Hermione I just felt like this was- different...... somehow. Plus, he also has been.." Harry swallowed thickly as he cut himself off.

Hermione knew what he was going to say and just nodded sympathetically. She was aware of both their obsessive actions. She saw it coming.

"Does Ron know anything?" Questioned Harry. He hated keeping secrets from his best friend, especially since Ron would always tell him everything without doubt.

"No, or at least not yet." She sighed then continued. "We have to tell him eventually."

Harry nodded. He knew they can't just leave Ron in the dark like that.

He gave Hermione a thank you smile, before they got up and left for their next class, Potions.

I hate this chap.
But trust me y'all this is just the beginning of it lmao.