21

"So I presume you were successful with the simple task in which I ordered you to fulfill?"
Spoke a tuneless and cold, yet calm and seething voice.

Draco lifted his gaze up hesitantly so that his sharpened glare met the sinful, pernicious eyes that stood before him.

Simple.

He thought to himself.

Simple task.

Draco huffed slightly at those words, then snapped his own self back into reality.

His own trembling breath was cut off just as he was about to open his mouth and speak, by his one and only dear father.

"Unfortunately my lord, I assure you that my son would like to take much pride in apologizing for being such a... coward, back at Hogwarts." Spoke Lucius with a sneer as he shot an unapproved glance at Draco.

Lord Voldemort slowly raised his furrowed brows at the older man, but Draco could've sworn he saw a look that said
'i'm not surprised.'

"Well, a pity, I must say. It really wasn't that much of a... strenuous task, if I'm not mistaken." He uttered tranquilly, his piercing eyes switching onto the trembling boy.

Draco's insides felt severely sick. The pit in his stomach formed a tighter knot as his fists clenched unconsciously. He sensed his body grow tenser at each given moment of this miserable sitting.

"I-i apologize my lord." The words flew smoothly yet unintentionally out of his mouth. His voice sounded like a slight crack near the end.

"Now Draco, no need to get all anxious my boy." Spoke Voldemort as he slightly chuckled. "What happened back there may I ask?" He continued with a jarring tune.

Draco swallowed his own saliva thickly, he felt his breathing become more and more uneven by the second. He didn't know how to exactly respond since he wasn't even sure why he got so agitated back at the Astronomy Tower.

Draco took an unnoticeable breath before responding.
"W-well you see I was going to do it. I-i was about to cast the spell but-"

"I did it."
Severus Snape finished him off, without even glancing at him. They were all sitting on the table in Malfoy Mannor, including Narcsissa, who remained quite through it all.

Draco's narrowed eyes shifted onto Snape, but was quickly interrupted by the familiar bitter voice that spoke viciously.

"Ah... Severus." Grinned the dark lord mischievously. "Well in that case, I presume you have kept your vow?"

"Yes my lord."

~~~

Harry:

The greens of the grass rose to many high notes of color as any good classical piece will do.
I sat there in late summer, the meadow moving in steady waves, those long heads of golden seed as calming as harbour sways. There was something about it, their movement synchronized yet independent, their hues so close yet unique.
And while they danced in that way, came the song of crickets and the chirps of birds content to be warmed by gentle rays.
Seen from a distance, the flowers seem like fuzzy clouds tinged with light pink, spilling fluffs of petals into the winds. A stray whiff of their aroma swims over and steals its way into my nostrils.
The fragrance is not pungent and penetrating as other flowers; rather, it's faint and unobtrusive, which has the quality of the next door girl.
I find myself sliding, if not floating near the peach grove where the aroma sheds subtlety and nuances gain sweetness and intensity. Melting the material world around me, it sends me right into the next realm.
Where once were lawns, wild flowers bloomed; rainbow freckles to adore the green. It started out as free honey when folks converted their grass to native species, anything to help the bees... but then it became a trend, a really good one.
I flickered my eyes slightly due to the rays of sunlight that brings a frisson of joy to my skin, one my emotions translate a new day smile and my creative self morphs into lyric and beat.

I felt an utter shock, like an electric one, as a cold hand was placed on my skin, sending a ray of shivers through my whole body. It felt like the galaxies collided, like millions of tiny universes being born and then dying between the space between their finger and my skin.

And there it was, for a split second , where it felt very real. I wish this moment would last an eternity, even when I have no idea who i'm with. Because all I know is that it felt right, perfect. I wanted this forever.

"Harry..." A seething, familiar voice whispered penetrating through my ears.
It was heavenly.

I heard my name getting called, twice, then more. The cold, smooth sound of it slowly turning into a loud groan.

"Harry... Harry!"

~~~

Harry flickered his eyes widely open, due several shakes and familiar growls.

He slightly gasped at the sight of a frustrated Ron.

"Bloody hell. Throw me off a bridge to wake me up next time will you?" Muttered Harry with a groan.

It was Saturday, which means they have no classes today.

"I've been waking you up for the past 10 minutes! You're going to have some real explaining to do Harry." Spoke Ron raising his brows.

Harry rubbed his eyes lazily. He felt extremely odd. As if he couldn't recall anything clearly.

"Listen Ron, why don't you ask Hermione. I'm pretty sure she'll be glad in filling you up on all you've missed, alright?"

"Wh- well okay then. Where the hell are you going though?"

"Probably the library, or maybe the Astronomy Tower. I need some time to myself. I feel... weird."

Ron gave him a confused look.
"You're going to head to the Astronomy Tower after wha-"
He quickly cut himself off when he realized that Harry had no memory whatsoever of what had happened there. Hermione had informed him that she obliviated Harry. At first, Ron flipped out completely, but of course he understood by time. His best friend has gone through hell, it was only fair that they try and take some of the pain away.

"...After what exactly?" Questioned Harry furrowing his brows.

"Huh? Oh, never mind. It was nothing." Ron lied, attempting to sound as convincing as possible.

Harry just nodded, "Alright then." He spoke as he made his way out of the dorm.

A/N: This is a slowburn story. I'm trying to fasten it as quickly as possible and end all the Voldemort drama so we can get more of Draco and Harry. So please bear with me. Also, yes i'm going to be adding a new character(s) very soon:)
I really hope you're enjoying my story!