30

A/N: Okay so as I said in one of my other previous chapters, the events in this story may vary from the ones that occur in the Harry Potter books or movies. With that being said, in this fanfiction, Harry had destroyed all of the horcruxes with Dumbledore (before he died), except one, which was the snake, Nagini.
So in order for Voldemort to die, the snake's death was the only thing necessary.
I hope that makes things clear for this chapter and the future ones!

Anyways, enjoy<3

Harry's POV:

"Oh you have seriously gone out of your bloody mind!" I heard Hermione shriek right behind me as I jumped off of my bed. I rubbed my sweaty palms against the leather of my jeans, thinking as hardly as I can about what I could possibly do.

Who knows what might be happening there right know? Merlin, how could I be so bloody stupid to not figure out what was he up to?

I was walking around the room back and forth for what felt like forever, I could see Hermione looking plainly distressed as she watched me in sorrow.

"Hermione. I've got to Apparate. Like, right now." I muttered as my left hand found company with my forehead, sighing frustratingly.

"That's against the rules y'know. You'll get expel-"

"Well clearly, I don't care!" I wasn't sure if I raised my voice or not, but I could see her get up from the bed rapidly, as she began rummaging for something through her luggage.

I kept my mouth shut and didn't say anything while waiting in confusion for whatever idea or something she's got.

"Not quite sure if we're allowed permission to use that though." She murmured as she finally levitated her palm which was holding some sketchy plastic bag.

I eyed the object carefully from afar, it did look quite familiar but I still couldn't seem to remember exactly what it was.

Hermione let out a soft huff, signaling me to come towards her.

The bag was stuffed with some sort of light green powder. It was filled almost three-quarters through.
The tips of my fingers slowly caressed the plastic material as my eyes inspected it carefully.

"It's Floo Powder, isn't it?" I questioned, my gaze still fixed on the substance.

Hermione only hummed in response, which I guessed was a yes.

Now that I've seen it, I do somehow recall using it. It was in second year I presume, Mrs. Weasley was teaching Ron and I how to travel by the Floo Network to Diagon Alley.
The corners of my lips slightly rose up forming a little smile at the memory.
Ah, the good old days.

"Harry, are you sure about this?" I was snapped out of my thoughts to Hermione's voice questioning me.

Of course I bloody was.
Malfoy was literally getting himself killed right now to save my life.
I won't let anyone do that for me, let alone him.
No, scratch that.
Especially not him.

"Yes-yeah. Yeah I am." I uttered.
And with that, she hesitantly handed me the bag, gesturing to the fire place behind us.

"Alright, stand still. I assume you still recall the instructions?" She asked and I nodded, standing between bricks as I took some of the powder into my palms.

I was about to go on, until I heard Hermione exclaim.
"Wait!" She breathed.
"Harry you have to be careful. You-know-who is going to be there and I'm guessing he won't be happy if he found out Malfoy's plan. So please, take your precautions, and be safe." She spoke lowly.

I shot her a warm smile and nodded briefly. "Don't worry, I will."

She sighed as I reassured her.

"Malfoy Mannor!" I said in a high tone, allowing the substance to escape my palms.

~A few seconds later~

Both of my feet came crashing down onto the ground, maintaining my balance. This made it clear that it had worked.
I had actually forgotten the bizarre feeling of traveling through Floo Powder, that explains why I felt utterly dizzy and uneasy as soon as I landed.

The back of my hands found company with my orbs, rubbing them sternly.

And with that, I flickered my eyes open, permitting my gaze to meet with my surroundings.

Although I haven't been inside this inhospitable mannor, it still occurred to me in one of my many nightmares, which makes it unfortunately familiar.

I took a great look upon the place while standing still, swallowing a thick lump down my throat.

How can someone live in such environment?

I was standing in a long, spacious corridor. Everything was pure black, while the ambience was as cold as a freezing glacier.

In that dark hall there were shapes in monochrome, of course the daylight could bring brilliant fuchsia or deepest scarlet, but for now it could be a scene from a black and white movie.

Of course everything had to be so royal.

I snapped out of my gaze and began taking a few steps forward slowly, eager to hear any sort of noise or voices.

In which I fortunately did.

Well it wasn't particularly voices, but I was able to hear muffled gasps and I don't know... whimpers?

I didn't even realize that my whole body was utterly shaking, even my breath was starting to get uneven, and there I began jumping to negative conclusions.

What if Voldemort caught him?

What if he's severely hurt?

What if he's dead?

Because of me?

What if he died just to save me?

I couldn't help but let a frustrated groan out of my mouth. I needed to find where they were, and overthinking everything wasn't quite the answer.

The more I drew closer, the more audible the sniffs and sounds got.
I foraged for my wand through my pocket, taking it out and gripping it tightly between my palm and fingers.

I gulped thickly while keeping my arm levitated, just to be ready in case something decided to pop up, which it did, causing me to slightly jump.

And to my surprise,

It wasn't a something,

But indeed a someone,

I let out a breath in which I didn't know was being held, pointing my wand at the person.

He looked extremely familiar.

I knew him.

Severus Snape.