43

~The Next Day~

"Cut the chit-chat at the back, and begin copying down whatever I'm writing." Seethed the black-haired professor. "Now. Or you'll be stayi-"

"Sorry I'm late professor Snape." The door flew open, and Harry barged in late. He was a total mess—Hermione had attempted to wake him up at least seventeen times, but him being the irresponsible git he is, smashed his face back into the pillow and continued his sleep—but from now on, Harry decided to get his shit back together, since they're only three days in.

"And what was so important that made you attend fifteen minutes late, Mr. Potter?" Said Snape, holding a vulgar look, with his left eyebrow raised.

Harry hesitated to respond. He levitated his palm to the back of his head and scratched his hair, "Uh I got held up, yeah."

"You got held up? Mhm." The professor sneered, then continued, a dirty look plastered on his face. "That'll be ten points from Gryffindoor."

The boy rolled his eyes visibly as Severus turned his heels and began scribbling down on the chalk board. Harry walked towards his usual seat, only to be quite disappointed as he saw it being already taken. There were barely any empty seats left. Hermione and Ron were settled beside one another, both of their heads down as they were copying down whatever notes Snape was writing. He stood there awkwardly, eyes rummaging for a place, he was too busy searching that he didn't realise a certain blonde watching him from the back of the classroom, a smirk curled up on his lips as he watched Potter making a complete fool out of himself.

Harry almost jumped the second he felt someone grab his forearm, twisting him around.

"Sit down, idiot." Draco Malfoy muttered, gesturing to the empty seat right beside him.
The brown-haired boy sighed, he had no other choice.

"What's wrong? Not thrilled to see me again, darling?" Spoke Malfoy ironically, eyeing the flushed boy up and down.

Harry tried his best not to blush at the nickname. Hearing the word 'darling' coming out of Draco's mouth caused a fuzzy feeling in his stomach, but he managed to keep it together and act as normal as possible. He sat down next to Malfoy, looked up at him, and spoke... or you could say lied.

"First of all, don't call me that."
Yes, please do.

"Second of all, no, I'm most likely not thrilled."
Yes I am actually.

The blonde's smirk grew wider on his pale lips, he blinked several times in attempt to show his 'innocence'. "So you're telling me you don't fancy me calling you darling?" He did not give Harry a chance to speak up as he shifted a tad closer, leaning in to his ear, knowing it was his weak spot somehow, and whispered.
"Mmm? I doubt that. You see, I'm pretty sure you didn't mind it the other night, now did you, darling?" Draco knew that he had said he won't be associating with Potter after that night, but on second thought, he reckoned that it was pointless, he was going to have to talk to Harry one way or the other, there was no escape—so he decided fuck it. Besides, Draco does enjoy every second of teasing the raven-headed boy, of seeing Harry's face turn as red as Ron Weasley's hair—and it was working just perfect.

Harry felt himself shiver under the warmth of Draco's breath on his jaw, he struggled a bit to speak, as his thoughts were completely out of control at that moment.
Don't give him the satisfaction.
Two can play this game.
The voice in his head suggested. Harry tilted his head so that he was entirely face-to-face with Malfoy, however the blonde did not move a muscle, he just smirked, even though their breaths were only inches apart, and their lips were slightly brushing. "Don't act like you didn't enjoy it just as much, Malfoy, because I recall that it was you who couldn't keep his hands off of me, am I wrong?"

"Alright class," The second Harry heard the voice of professor Snape, he immediately turned around and sat back, but on the other hand, the blonde chuckled, keeping his smirk, and then took his time to tear his gaze away from Harry and land it onto his speaking professor, who thankfully did not catch a glimpse of what had happened.

"I'm aware we're only on the third day, but according to the headmistress, we're asked to give the students assignments as early as possible. With that being said, for tomorrow, complete this essay, it's an important part of your grade. I don't want to receive late submissions."

Groans and sighs echoed the classroom at the same time, and Harry especially was not delighted to hear that. He reckoned he'll just get Hermione to help him with it, that is if she agrees.

The rest of the time in class passed in a blink of an eye to Harry's bewilderment—it's not that he wasn't overjoyed of course.

Him and Malfoy shared a lot of weird tension throughout the time. Harry was looking forward to talking to the blonde about that other night ever since it happened, he just didn't know how exactly.
Maybe I'll just tell him straight forward and to the point.

"Class dismissed."

"Hey bastard! Wait up." Spat Harry, as everyone was exiting the classroom.

Draco spun his heels and faced the shorter boy, both of his eyebrows raised—waiting for Potter to speak up.

"I suppose it'll have to wait for outside Mr. Potter." The two boys did not even realize that professor Snape was still standing, awaiting for everyone to leave the classroom. He eyed them both with a hint of suspicion in his eyes but then shrugged it off, as he watched Harry nod awkwardly and exit the room, with Malfoy following him.

They were now standing in the hallway, there were barely any students roaming around since they probably went to attend their next class.

"What is it, darling?" Uttered the blonde, looking down at the shorter boy, his bottom lip stuck in between his teeth.

Harry shot him a glare before rolling his eyes and responding. "I wanted to talk about the other night."

"What about it?" Sighed Draco in a lazy tone.

"What do you mean 'what about it'? Stuff happened, and I'm pretty sure you're just as confused as I am."

"Speak for yourself."

"Are you kidding me? Malfoy we were literally on Veritaserum. I also saw your sca-"

Harry hadn't gotten the chance to continue his statement as he slightly groaned, feeling Draco grab the back of his neck, pulling him forward.
The blonde did not hesitate to break the sharp glare he shot the shorter boy.

"You saw nothing." He seethed through gritted teeth.

And with that, he let go of Harry, and spun around, heading towards his next class probably.

Harry's hand flew to the flesh where Malfoy's fingers dug into, and a frustrated sigh escaped his mouth as he leaned back on the wall.

"Rough morning already?"

A/N: Hey guys. I wanted to inform you that if some of you had sent me a message or something, I can't respond unfortunately. It has something to do with the email and password, I can't even follow back or vote:(  Just wanted to make this clear.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed<3