49

There was a tightness in my throat—a one where it felt like there were no more gases suffusing the aura in which I'm standing in, completely stiff and utterly speechless, not moving a single muscle. The stinging pain in my chest kept magnifying and magnifying the longer I fixed my gaze onto what was in front of me. My stomach began to feel nauseous as my head started getting dizzier by the second, making my vision go further more blurry—I wasn't sure if it was from the tears that were fighting the urge to drop down on my face, but either way, I was not going to let that happen.
There was no way in which I am going to cry over such thing, even though it completely tore me apart—broke me in half.

Why?

I kept asking myself, he was acting reckless and impulsive, but what did I expect after all?

Me not having a choice but to share a simple small kiss with someone during a game is definitely not the same as him making the rash decision to immediately hook up with another girl after it happened. He could've talked to me or even confronted me if he wanted to—not like it's my fault anyways.

I snapped out of my thoughts and fixed my eyes in attempt to see more clearly, or at least hear, although the sound of my own trembling breath was making it quite hard to do so. There was at least ten feet between us as I was hiding behind the corner while the two were right across it, and I was sure that I was not visible to their sight, given the fact that Draco's back profile was facing me while Astoria had her eyes shut as he buried his mouth aggressively into her neck, causing quiet gasps to escape her mouth.

That repulsive view was enough to make my head ache like a bitch and my blood boil in infuriation. Because of that, I finally had to make the decision to either go up there and confront the shit out of him or to just head back to the Common Room and continue like nothing happened in order to deal with it tomorrow.

Despite the amount of hatred and jealousy that's piling up inside me at that moment, I knew that I couldn't take it anymore. There was no way in which I was going to let him get away with it tonight—and with that being said, I took one deep shaky breath, in attempt feel prepared. I was sure that I was going to leash all my anger out on him.

Taking a few slow steps forward, I immediately fastened my pace—and in a blink of an eye I realized that I was not even a feet away from the two.

"Wow, Malfoy! Just amazing of you!" I yelled, trying me best to keep my tone low, given the fact that it's almost eleven p.m. and everyone's asleep.

In an instant, they both turned to face me.

"Astoria, honey. Leave us alone for a moment, will you?" Draco spoke in utter calmness. At that moment I felt like I needed to punch him in the guts for being an asshole and acting so unbothered, but I managed to keep it together and wait for whatever he had to say.

"What?!" The Slytherin girl shrieked as she glared at me in disgust like I was some vile creature. "Why-"

"Now, Astoria." Spat Malfoy, his tone suddenly fixed and harsh, but still low.

She grumpily stormed away before mumbling 'fine' underneath her breath.

"Potter." He muttered as soon as Greengrass became out of sight. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

I couldn't believe him. "Are you fucking kidding me, Malfoy!?!?" I shrieked, inching closer. At that moment I did not care who heard me, because the anger that was pumping through my veins was unexplainable. "I really do not know why you're doing this, but if it is because I kissed Lucien, then I hope you know you're being an unfair piece of shit."

He had the audacity to hold a smirk upon his lips, "Well, last time I checked," He spoke, "life's not fair, Potter."

It was late, I was tired, but despite that, my head was spinning like crazy, my fists began to tighten causing my knuckles to go white. Every single nerve in my body was fighting the urge to slap that smirk off of his face, however unfortunately yet fortunately, my nerves lost the battle.

And before I knew it, my palm found company with his cheek, but not in a friendly way.
I was angry.
And I wasn't embarrassed to say that I felt relieved when I hit him—it was like a weight had gotten lifted off my shoulders.

Draco held his hand up to the marked flesh, clenching his jaw as he looked down at me. I furrowed my brows in irritation when I realized that he was still smirking.

"Don't think for a second that I did not notice the way he looked at you, Potter, let alone the way you were the one to kiss him back too." He also inched closer and closer, he kept walking and I kept stepping backwards until my back connected with the wall behind me.

"There's a fucking difference, Malfoy." I seethed through gritted teeth. His eyes were burning on mine, but my gaze was not tied onto his. I couldn't even look at him. "You're acting like I purposely kissed him. It was a bloody game. Get over it instead of doing something twice as bad."

And there I thought I couldn't possibly get even more outraged. A deep chuckle escaped his mouth, as if he was mocking me.

"Why?" I whispered. "After everything, you go ahead and do something like this?" My voice broke at the end, but it was clear enough for him to hear since his facial expression changed. Even though I was trying to look in every direction other than him, I could still see from the corner of my eye that he had wiped off that smirk on his lips meanwhile his eyes held a firm look.

I flinched once I felt his hand harshly grab my chin, forcing my eyes to meet with his. I could sense his breath on my lips since he was incredibly close to me. "Because I fucking can." He paused, permitting his orbs to examine my bewildered expression and furrowed brows. "You see, Potter," He then proceeded to re-form his snarky look and plaster a smirk on his lips once again. "I never said anything about being yours, but you," He paused for a moment, placing his index fingers upon my jaw, slowly caressing it. "You're mine, meaning that you cannot question my actions, however I, on the other hand, I'm in possession of you."

And with that, he let go and turned his heels, heading back to god knows where, leaving me standing there like every other time.

A/N: Yes, I know, Draco is extremely toxic, but trust the process. There's going to be at least twenty more chapters for this story to end so of course he's going to get his redemption arc.

Anyways, I hope you're enjoying this<3