40

"Fucking hell, Harry!" Seethed Malfoy. He seemed like he was trying his best to keep his mouth shut, but of course, the truth is going to keep pushing it's way out of him, whether he wants it or not.

"Answer me. I-I need to know." Uttered Harry lowly, a small frown plastered on his face.

Draco let out a huge frustrated sigh. He had to answer truthfully, and he had no choice but to do so. "Okay, fine." He whispered, closing his eyes forcefully.

"I couldn't do it." He said, reaching out for the plastic bag and taking out another tablet. He shoved it in his mouth and swallowed, not looking into Harry's direction.

Harry didn't say anything. He wasn't sure of what Malfoy had meant—it wasn't specific enough. "You couldn't do... what exactly?"

"Merlin. Why'd you have to be so dense, Potter?" Draco was clearly having a hard time with this. He didn't even consider the circumstances when he suggested taking those Veritaserum spelled pills.
"I couldn't let you fucking die." He breathed out with a slight hint of irritation.

Harry paused for a second, taking in a huge gulp. He was also not looking at Malfoy, his eyes were focused on the material of the bed sheets, but at the same time, they were filled with anger mixed with devastation. All he wanted to do right now was to yell at the blonde's face and confront him for what he'd done, and he did exactly so.

"Were you out of your fucking mind? Getting yourself killed? F-for me?! Draco, seriously what were you bloody thinking?" He spat, getting off of Malfoy's lap onto his feet beside the bed.

The other boy remained still, every single nerve in his body was fighting the urge to not spill all his thoughts and feelings that are bottled up inside. Regret was beginning to pile up slowly, but at the same time, the need to speak the truth was also starting to increase drastically.
"It wasn't just for you." He finally claimed, looking up at Harry's befuddled sight. "I thought that," He sighed, then continued. "I thought that if I just die once and for all—that everything will be better, for me, and for everyone else." He then carelessly levitated his arm in attempt to grab the Firewhiskey bottle from the top of the drawer. It was already popped open so he only raised it to his lips and took a huge sip, swallowing harshly, then clearing his throat. "Happy now?"

"Draco, I-" Harry didn't even know the right words to say at that moment—he didn't know what to feel either. Malfoy was struggling with serious issues and he'd only figured it out now. All Harry wanted was to make sure that Draco won't do something like that again—it's not like he can—The Dark Lord is gone, and all the problems that come with him too.
"W-why?" He finally found the courage to question.

The blonde lifted his gaze up and looked at Potter. "Why what?" He huffed.

Harry sighed heavily. "What made you think that your death will make things better for all of us? I-I mean-did you really think that I'd be better off without you?!"

"Yes." Draco muttered, showing no expression whatsoever.

"Why?!"

"I don't know." It was true though. Malfoy really had no idea of why he thought that, all he knew was that it was true. "I don't deserve you. Y'know that." He was completely high by now, even worse than before since he retook some more tablets. Harry on the other hand, was slowly getting in the right mind. This argument seemed to be sobering him up a little bit.

"That's not true and you know it, Malfoy." Harry knew that what he was saying may most probably not be recalled by neither him nor Draco the next day, but it wouldn't hurt anyone if he takes his chances now and try to speak to him, because there might not be another time for that. "People change. There's no more war, no more danger. Everyone's safe and free, despite the one's we've lost. Your father's locked up in Azkaban, Malfoy. You're free to do whatever you wish, and most importantly, you are worthy, especially of me."

Draco looked like he wanted to say something back, but he was too worn out and dizzy to do so. He caught Harry's gaze once again, and cold grey met emerald green. He kept staring into the other boy's soul, not uttering another word—it's not like he even knew what to say back, so he made the decision to just drop it. "Can't we just forget it for now? I'm tired."

Harry's face features softened and relaxed a bit. He nodded briefly in response. "Yeah, of course." Although Pansy had told him to stay the night, he didn't really think it was the best idea. They had classes tomorrow and he wouldn't want to miss any, since Hermione is usually there to wake him up when he's in his own dorm.
He wiped his sweaty palms along the material of his trousers and awkwardly took a step away in order to leave. "You'll be alright?" He asked before exiting.

"Where are you going?" Whined Draco, his face buried in the bed sheets. His voice came out a bit muffled but Harry was able to sort it out.

"To my dorm. Reckon you'll be fine?"

"No." He demanded, slowly sitting up on the bed—hair all messy and dripping to his forehead. "Stay."

Harry froze in his tracks for a second. Turning his heels around, he placed his index finger and thumb on the bridge of his nose and began considering until he finally came up to a decision.
"Alright. Fine, I'll stay."

And with that, Draco dramatically smiled and signalled the standing boy to come along beside him. Harry slowly approached the bed and shifted next to the blonde. He'll have to admit, he was also extremely tired and worn out—he could use some sleep.