32

Voldemort is dead, Harry ended him by killing the snake once and for all. So the flashback from a month ago is over now—the one that Harry had while he's at the Burrow with the Weasleys. The following chapters would be in the present time—one month later.

Harry's POV:

All of that had happened in a few days last month, and I still couldn't manage to wrap my head around it. My mind was loaded with questions which I wished I had answers to.

But one thing I know for sure, was that I did it. I killed him. I ended the Dark Lord once and for all.

As much as this brought pleasure to everyone, including myself, I wasn't fully relieved, not just yet.

Not until I get informed about him.
Anything, literally anything would be fine by me.
I just wanted to make sure he's still alive.

We also haven't heard anything about his father and Narcsissa, although Lucius rotting in a cell in Azkaban would be utter justice.

I was still laying in my bed, tossing around continuously. I wasn't really in the mood to go down for breakfast as I completely lost my appetite.
The stinging pain in my chest wasn't willing to leave me alone anytime soon. The more I thought about Malfoy and his suicide mission, the more nauseous I start to feel. It made me sick to my stomach knowing that he would do such thing, especially for me. I'm his enemy, or at least used to be.
I haven't really thought about what we're considered, given the fact that we may have kissed. Everything was too complicated between us. One second we're at one another's throats and the other second we're either having extremely awkward sexual tension or kissing—even though that happened only once.

Our relationship is the definition of confusing—and him trying to risk his life for me made it even more bewildering.

But that wasn't the most important thing right now, I just wanted to figure out a way to make sure that he's okay, or at least not dead.

Summer break ends in a week or two, but I wasn't willing to wait that long.

I threw away the covers off of my body as the atmosphere was humid, and remained utterly still. My mind still burning with thoughts and overwhelming questions. The muffled voices from downstairs were quite audible to my ears.
Hermione is definitely going to come here and drag me down any time soon.

I had also informed the others of the situation, although I didn't even want to. However Ron and Hermione insisted for some reason, and to my surprise, some of them looked as if they weren't astounded. For instance Molly, Fred, and George all confessed that they saw it coming, as if they knew Malfoy and I had a soft spot for one another.
Arthur and Ginny on the other hand, didn't really believe it at first, but they somehow managed to take it all in. I still wonder how Ginny must have felt after all of this, I really hope she had moved on, because we're better off as just friends.

"Harry! Hurry up breakfast'll get cold!" I pushed my face onto the pillow and groaned as Hermione shrieked from downstairs. I didn't feel like eating or talking right now.

I shot up from the bed as soon as I heard two knocks on the door of the room, I didn't get the chance to say 'come in' when it immediately opened.

"Good morning Harry." I swiftly flipped my head to face that person even though I knew who it was. I recognised her voice.
Ginny was standing besides the door frame quite awkwardly.

My hand flew onto the drawer next to the bed, grabbing my pair of glasses.

"H-hiya Gin, yeah- morning to you too." I uttered as I places the spectacles onto my face, allowing myself to see more clearly.

She was no longer standing there as she made her way closer, settling on the edge of the bed.

"I think you should get down and eat, you haven't had a healthy appetite for long." She muttered softly, pulling a strand of her red hair behind her ear as she spoke.

"Yeah, okay. I'll try." Those were the only words that were able to come out of my mouth since the situation was a bit overwhelming and I hadn't really asked Ginny how she was feeling about all of this... Malfoy and I.

My palm made it's way to the back of my head, scratching my mess of a hair as I permitted my gaze to finally meet with hers. I noticed a soft smile curled up on her lips as she nodded to my response, and I couldn't help but grin too.

"Oh, and one more thing." She said, clearing her throat. I glanced over and nodded, gesturing her to go on.

"Uhm, nothing that important but- I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, for... you know— Malfoy and stuff." Ginny murmured as she watched me open my mouth several times to speak but kept failing.

I was a bit confused as to why she was the one that apologized when it was supposed to be me who should say sorry.

"Ginny, it's okay, definitely not your fault." I smiled at her and continued.
"Besides, I also would really like to apologize for-"

"Don't be silly. It's totally fine." She cut me off with a laugh.

I chuckled too in order for it to not be awkward, then and added. "So, back to friends? What do you say?"

She looked back at me and nodded.
"Friends."

IM SORRY THIS IS THE MOST BORING AND SHORT CHAPTER BYE-