56

Third Person POV:

It was just in a few hours where the sun had evanesced and the gloom of darkness had taken over both the surrounding and the ambience of the castle known as Hogwarts. Nightfall may have made its way onto most people in there, however, it certainly had not presented an effect whatsoever onto a small variety of students who have been up for a long time—
not specifically doing anything,
but in fact trying their absolute best to figure out a way or anything that would help in finding where the hell their friend is.

Hermione, Ron, Pansy, Blaise, and Draco were all gathered up in one of their dorm rooms. The two Gryffindoors had snuck out quietly and headed to Parkinson's dormitory.

"I will not say this again," Spoke Blaise, focusing his gaze onto each of his friends. "we won't be able to find him if we do this alone."

Pansy, who was basically the only one out of them standing beside the bed frame, hands crossed, shot Blaise a considering look before asking, "What exactly are you suggesting?"

"What I'm saying is," He sighed, earning the attention of the others. "we should tell someone about it— i mean, how long do you think we can hide the fact that Potter is missing from everyone, let alone the headmistress? I mean how long do you guys think it'll take Mcgonagall to find out? We can't keep lying to them." He paused for a moment, inhaling silently. "If you're really eager to figure out where he is, and make sure he's safe, then we've got to take any chance that leads us to a source of help and reach out to it."

Silence suffused the room, and Zabini's words were left hanging for moments. That was until he looked up again, this time shooting a glance at both Hermione and Ron, raising his brows slightly. "I'm sure the two of you agree on that, don't you? He's your best friend after all."

The red-headed boy's lips formed into a thin line, looking down at the floor and then back up at his girlfriend. Hermione took a deep but silent breath, she kept her gaze fixed on Zabini, and the look in her eyes and the one plastered on her face were obviously showing that she was taking Blaise's words into careful consideration, and so was Ronald.

In less than a second, the couple came to terms of agreement.

"You're right y'know."

And now, given the fact that there's only one person in this room left who has not uttered a single word whatsoever from the second they sat, all eyes landed on him, Draco.

In fact, he was not even bothered to pay attention, let alone participate in the conversation—his head was deep sunken between the pages of a book that was held firmly between the tips of his finger. However, his friends cannot really be blamed for being a bit frustrated to say the least, or perhaps confused, because as they know—
or more importantly,
as he knows,
Harry being missing has most likely affected him more than anyone else.

Draco's POV:

Gently but rapidly tapping my shoe on the surface of the floor, I tried my best not to show hints that my head felt as if it was going to explode in a matter of seconds, all because of the sound of them talking and chatting nonstop about him and about "figuring out a way" to find him by speaking to Mcgonagall. The thought of it only seemed stupidly funny. Perhaps it's just me, but I would much rather do it myself. I don't need to talk or ask anyone for help when it comes it him. Finding him and bringing him back safe is my top priority, and I'm certain that I will do just that.
If not, I'll do the impossible if I have to.
I don't care.

My eyes shot up from the book in my palms as soon as I slightly heard someone say my name,
once,
or maybe more.
But either way, whatever Pansy had just said, I was not paying attention whatsoever.

"What was that?" I asked, looking at her frustrated expression for not listening to her.

"Draco! For fuck's sake are you even with us?!" She shrieked out of annoyance but at the same time hints of confusion mixed with disappointment were also present in that tone.

I sighed deeply, clearly not knowing the right words to say because honestly it feels like a burden to try and argue with Parkinson.

"Seriously, I predicted you out of all people would be giving far more shits than anyone when it comes to him, Draco."

Her words flew out of her mouth and immediately penetrated my insides in a way that stung me deeply, however it really did not affect me as much, given the fact that I knew damn well that my mind was fully determined on doing whatever the hell I could.

"Don't worry about me," I finally spoke in a filthy but calm tone. "I'll handle it myself. You see, unlike you all, I can get shit done on my own."

"This is different, mate. You can't just go out there and risk your life. Just because Voldemort is gone does not mean there isn't or there won't be something else coming." Joined Blaise, looking me straight in the eye.

An irritated breath escaped my mouth. I genuinely was not willing to keep arguing. It's not like they would understand.

I took a moment, focusing my gaze on the floor.

It wouldn't hurt if I just played along for now, because as I said, I'm not looking forward to keep explaining myself on why and how I would prefer we do this alone. Therefore, it'd be better to just go with what they have in mind. Besides, it's not like whatever they got is going to work—I mean, who the hell said that Mcgonagall or some other professor could just easily know exactly what to do and find Harry—
but for now, I'm going to just take this lame chance and agree with them, although I still have a feeling that it won't work out.

"Alright, fine." I muttered in a low but quite a sarcastic tone.

"What's your master plan?"