6

lev pov: Tuesday, 4th of June

As we finally arrived at Pride I was overwhelmed.

There were so many colours. There were so many people. There were so many couples.

Everyone was smiling. They all were genuinely happy. There were no bad thoughts. There was just happiness.

It was very loud and crowded but I didn't care.

I smiled and looked at Yaku. He was smiling as well. I have never seen him smile that bright before. It made me smile even more and blush a little.

I could see the reflection of the parade in Yakus's eyes. They looked like they were glowing.

And then suddenly Yaku grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me towards the crowd of people. I blushed slightly since he is my crush but quickly put it aside. Today I wouldn't think about that. I would just enjoy Pride and Yakus company.

As we finally reached the crowd we got overwhelmed with the loud music, the people celebrating and the atmosphere in general.

I felt the happiness and freedom radiating from everywhere.

I felt more accepted than ever before.

You could feel that nobody here would judge you for anything.

It was simply perfect.

yaku pov: Tuesday, 4th of June

As we finally reached the parade I was happier than ever before.

I was so happy to be here. To be here with Lev.

But it was also crowded.

I hated crowds, although this one wasn't that bad. And I had Lev next to me.

Wait-

Lev?

Where was he?

I looked around, scared.

Where was Lev?

Suddenly I felt someone grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the crowd.

Lev.

Finally.

He looked scared. "W-where have you been? I was just looking at the balloons for one second and then you were gone" he said, still trembling. "I was here dummy" I said, not wanting him to know how scared I actually have been. As a response, he looks me in the eyes and says "Don't do this ever again! a-and could you please take my hand, I don't want to lose you again".

I blushed madly, I hoped for Lev to not see it, so I quickly agreed "f-fine, but only because I don't want you to get worried about me, okay".

Of course, this wasn't the only reason. I wanted to hold his hand so badly. But I would never admit this. At least not now.

And that's when we stepped into the crowd, holding onto each other and just enjoying the parade and each other's company.

Time carried us away. Hours passed like minutes and we didn't care at all.

We often got mistaken for a couple, which made both of us blush really hard. Lev probably because he was embarrassed about the thought of dating me. I, because I wished we were one.

We often answered with something like "n-no, we are just best friends haha, he would never see me this way".

Neither of us denied the fact that we like each other, which made my hopes go up.

Most people still assumed that we will end up together anyway. I don't believe in it, but a boy can dream, right?

3rd pov: Tuesday, 4th of June

At the end of the day, they were both exhausted. The day was long and they walked a lot. Lev sang to all of the songs that were played and even got Yaku to join at some point.

They smiled, they laughed and they fell even more for each other.

Lev got them some rainbow-ice-cream a nice man was selling on the roadside. As the vendor told them, he had only one cone left, they both quickly agreed on sharing. Nobody wanted to miss the indirect kiss with their crush.

As time went by, they bought matching rainbow bracelets, friendship-bracelets, how they called it.

There was also one moment at the end of the parade, where it was very crowded, so Lev, the caring boyfriend, I mean best friend he is, pulled Yaku quickly to his chest, to protect him. Of course, he knew that Yaku hated crowds. He listened to everything the smaller boy told him. Everything.

Even after they left the Parade, Lev still didn't let go of Yaku's hand. The smaller boy just accepted this, as he was used to seeing girl-best-friends do that in a completely platonic way, even though neither meant it just platonic.

They talked the whole time, both smiling brightly. It was one of the happiest days in their lives, if not the happiest.

As they finally arrived at Yakus's house, they hugged each other very long and thanked each other for the day they could spend together, both blushing madly.

"Good night Lev, thanks for the company. I really enjoyed today. You mean a lot to me, you know that right?" yaku said to Lev, his cheeks heating up even more.

"g-good night Yaku. I-I, thank you. I mean, y-you mean a lot to me a-as well" Lev answered completely flustered before Yaku closed the door leaving a blushing mess behind.