17

3rd pov: Saturday, 8th of June

The breakfast was quiet. Not one of those comfortable silents, it was the awkward one. Both boys haven't talked about what happened in the morning but everybody in the house knew that something was up. Still, nobody dared to say anything. It was something between Yaku and Lev. Sadly, both boys didn't want to talk about it. They were scared that their jealousy would take over and they would accidentally confess or say something that they didn't mean.

After a couple of minutes, Alisa tried to break the silence. "So, what movies were you watching and are there some you would recommend?". Yaku answered, only talking to Alisa and ignoring his best friend completely: "I would definitely recommend 'Circle'. It is one of my favourite movies". "The one with this social experiment? I watched it so often" "Yeah exactly this one. I really didn't expect the turn it took. I was kind of disappointed not gonna lie" "Yeah I totally understand what you mean. I hated the ending. It just reminds me how shitty some people are and how they are manipulating everyone to trust them only to betray them" "YES. But you probably should stop. You're spoilering the whole movie. Your parents maybe didn't see it" "That's true. But I know the plot by heart and still watch it over and over again" "Okay same here but this plot twist made me like the film that much" "Well, you're right. But watching it over and over again made me recognize some details I didn't see while watching it the first time" "Yeah right like the time when.."

Alisa and Yaku talked about the film, their conversation completely driving away. They didn't realize how first Lev's parents, and after some minutes Lev, stood up. Miwa left in the morning because her brother introduced his new boyfriend or something like that.

Alisa and Yaku just talked and talked. About the other movies, what he and Lev were doing that late every day and how their relationship was, Pride, the new films that were coming out and much more. Somehow the conversation always ended up on Lev. Yaku tried to avoid it and quickly changed the subject when Alisa mentioned her brother but she stayed stubborn. After a while, he finally told her everything. He also showed her the confession, she was the first one to see it.

They talked and Alisa told her opinion on the situation. Even though Alisa didn't want to hurt the younger, she was brutally honest. She didn't want to give him false hope. As much as it would hurt now, false hope would hurt more. She told Yaku that her brother and Shibayama called every day for at least half an hour and sometimes even at several points in the day and up to 4 hours. How Lev would meet with Shibayama every now and then and how Lev sometimes called the other by Yama's first name: Yūki.

It crushed all of Yaku's hope. It seemed to fit into the picture he had made in his mind. Lev was pan, so he could like Yama. Yama was Omni, romantic yes but still. So they could end up together. Yaku was jealous, he wished that Lev would look at him the same way the grey-haired looked at Shibayama. Or at least the way Yaku thought his best friend looked at the other libero.

Lev in the other room was drawing. He always did this when he was sad or jealous, when he needed to calm down or when he just wanted to. If he was drawing he was in a different world. He would forget about everything and everybody. Often he didn't hear something while drawing, so his family would call him forever until he finally heard them.

Right now he was drawing a better version of the doodle of the two boys kissing. This time he drew them, on purpose like Yaku and him. In the last time, he drew those kinds all the time. At least in his sketches, he and Yaku could be together. Nobody was watching him nor looking at his drawings in general, so nobody would know.

He sighed. He shouldn't do this but he just couldn't help it. He continued drawing. completely forgetting about Yaku. 'He wouldn't care anyway' Lev thought. He felt the tears rising in his eyes, so he quickly changed the motive. He continued drawing the picture of Shibayama and Inuoka kissing. Yama asked him to do this as Lev told his friend of the pictures he drew. He only had the sketches finished and was now drawing Shibayama first. He had to look up pictures of Inuoka later.

After a while of talking with Yaku, Alisa realized that she had to get some books from the library, so she said goodbye and went out.

Yaku realized that he ignored Lev completely, now feeling bad. He didn't want his jealousy to ruin his friendship. Yaku quickly ran up to Lev's room. He knocked on the door but didn't hear any reaction, so he waited a minute and came in quietly. He saw Lev drawing at the deal. It was a picture of two boys kissing. The left one was just a sketch, but the right one. This one was definitely Shibayama. Yaku felt the hitch in his chest intensifying. He now was completely convinced that Lev liked Shibayama.

Yaku quietly ran down the stairs, not wanting Lev to hear him. He texted Inuoka to pick him up and left a sticky note to tell Lev where he was if the latter even cared.

Hey Lev, sorry for just disappearing so suddenly. I know that we wanted to hang out today, but I realized that I already made plans with Inuoka some time ago, so yeah. I hope you're okay with this Yaku :)