44

Lev pov: Tuesday, 25th of June

After I woke up this morning, my usual morning smile immediately dropped. The next few days wouldn't be fun. Yaku would spend time with Inuoka and would pick him up. We wouldn't see each other besides school. So I would just have some time to spend with Shibayama, wrong. Shibayama had to practice for his sailing licence. Yama would have the exam on Saturday so, of course, Yama would practice a lot. And all of that concludes in me being home alone for the next three days, not doing anything but drawing. I didn't necessarily hate the idea but I didn't like it either. Too much time without Yaku wasn't something I'm used to.

I walked to school alone. It was the first time in years. Yaku never was sick nor had any appointments in the morning.

It hurt seeing Yaku and Inuoka walk to school together but it was part of the confession thingy. I knew he needed this to confess. There was a chance he liked Inuoka and maybe this didn't like him back so he wanted to spend some time with him before he got rejected. Yaku needed this right now so I should get a hold of my jealousy.

As I arrived at school, the others were already there. What surprised me was that Shibayama took part in the conversation without being sarcastic or mean all the time. Another thing was that Yaku and Yama didn't death-glare each other and were chatting happily with each other. Did they make up with each other? I hope they did. It would make meet-ups way easier. Nevertheless, there would be some tension between Inuoka and me. We still didn't get along well. We aren't as bad as Shibayama and Yaku though.

"I see you guys talked", I said, approaching them. "Yeah, we kind of did. We just agreed that our jealousy shouldn't define ourselves and that's about it", Yaku responded. "Yeah, we did. We're friends now", Shibayama added. "Cool", Inuoka said. He looked like he felt left out. "Yeah, anyway let's go", Yaku said, putting his phone away. It was already 3 minutes before the first period began so we had to hurry.

During the whole lesson, I thought about the new friendship between those two. Did they tell each other about their Crushes? Is that the reason why they now got along so well? Because they knew that they didn't fall for the same persona and that their crush actually likes them back? It's unlikely. Both paid a lot of attention to what they were saying. They wouldn't possibly let that slip out, would they? Especially, if they assumed they liked the same person.

Should I ask? Probably I shouldn't. I'll know by the end of this week anyway.

3rd pov: Tuesday, 25th of June

After school ended, Inuok and Yaku went to a supermarket and got everything they needed to make some cookies. They would make the normal white ones because Yaku only knew two recipes and he didn't want to share the other.

Those cookies were an important part of Yaku's confession so he had to make them. They knew that it was best if the cookies were fresh but during the next three days there wasn't enough time after school for them to make the cookies. Probably, they could make them but they only had time for one attempt and this would need many more.

After they arrived at Inuokas, Yaku started making the dough while Inuoka prepared everything and preheated the oven.

As soon as the dough was finished, Inuoka started forming average cookies, like moons, stars and hearts. Yaku on the other hand formed three cookies with his hands. He made them a bit bigger than the other ones. One was a heart and the others were letters. An I and a U. He would put them into the box with cookies, Lev and he would take to pride. They would form 'I ❤ U'. After that, Yaku would give Lev a letter on which he wrote the whole confession, Lev received during the confession game, just that some details would be added. It would be more personal and Lev would realize that Yaku loved him. At least that was how Yaku's plan looked like.

"Fuck, the letters look disgusting", Yaku said after they took out the first tray of cookies. "Maybe try to cut them with a knife?", Inuoka asked. "No, they will break. I'll just try again. I need to shape them with a knife before they're baked. They need to be thinner", Yaku responded. "Do that", Inuoka said and started to make some more stars.

The next time the cookies looked better and the 'I' was really pretty but the 'U' broke in half. Yaku managed to get it right the third time though.

All in all, it was fun. They really enjoyed the other's presence.

After a while, Inuoka interrupted the comfortable silence, "Hey Yaku, did Yama say something as you were talking yesterday? You know, maybe about liking me? Is that the reason why you guys are more comfortable around each other?". Yaku didn't say anything for a while. "No, he didn't tell me who he liked and I didn't tell him who I liked. We just talked about how we wouldn't rub it in if the one we liked didn't like us back. I'm sorry but I was scared", Yaku answered. He lied. He just didn't want to give Inuoka a reason to confess right now and ruin his confession.

After they cleaned up the kitchen, they changed and brushed their teeth. They slept in separate beds because they both kind of felt uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed as the other.