12

Yaku pov: Wednesday, 5th of June

We spent the whole break together talking about everything. The party; the stuff they sell in the Cantine; the classes and teachers; Pride; whether it is justified to watch Riverdale, even if you just watch it because it's bad; and much more.

It was adorable watching Lev talk about things that excite him. He always had this sparkle in his eyes. And when he smiles I can't help but smile as well. I could stay here forever and talk with them.

This dream got ruined when the bell rang. I didn't notice that the time went by so quickly. I didn't want to go to math, but I had to. We quickly said goodbye and I hugged Lev one last time before I walked with Inuoka to math.

Our teacher was honestly nice. He was good at explaining, although Mx. Allen was better. If I can remember correctly they just had mathematics with Lev's class. He was really lucky. I think his grades went up, because of how Mx. Allen teaches. But that happened often. They were without any doubt the best teacher at this school.

Lev pov: Wednesday, 5th of June

As I walked to Mathematics I was still thinking about the break. We talked a lot and I could see Yakus' cute smile quite often. And he hugged me at the end before he walked off with Inuoka. They were in the same class. All of our friends were in the same class with at least one of the others. everybody but me. It really sucked, but my parents didn't want me to change after 4th grade, so I changed 2 years later. Therefore, I wasn't in the same class as most of the others, that all changed after the 4th grade. Fukunaga and Teshiro both changed after the 7th grade as well, but since they went to the same school and are dating, they joined the same class, not mine.

Only math left than we would have Practice. I would see Yaku again and after practice, we would practice receives. I could spend some time with him without Inuoka constantly being around. I was excited.

~

As soon as the bell rang I packed my stuff and hurried towards the gym. They finished early so I would probably be the first person in the gym. Therefore, I had to set up the net. It would make more fun with Yaku, but I couldn't change that now.

I quickly changed and was just about, to begin with, the net as the others came in. "Did they end the lesson early?" Kuroo asked. He was the Captain and would normally set up the net. "Yes, we all worked fast today so I just wanted to start" I replied while placing the first pole. "We'll change first and then someone will help you" Kuroo said towards me. "Come on guys, we can't make Lev do this all alone" he shouted while walking over to the others.

Yaku was the first to be finished. He was really quick in changing, but would normally wait for me.

He helped until the point at which you had to attach the net straps. He was simply too short to reach them.

Without much thinking, I grabbed him by his waist and lifted him up. He winced but then just secured the straps.

After I put him down he thanked me before walking towards the benches, probably to drink some water.

I quickly shook it off and finished the net. Shortly after this, the others came in.

~

Practice was as usual, although I caught Yaku and Inuoka exchanging short glances. Every time they did I felt a little sting in my chest. I got jealous all the time. It was awful. But I would have 2 hours of receive practice with Yaku afterwards. So it was okay. I don't necessarily need it anymore, but it became some kind of custom.

We would talk and laugh with each other and just practice volleyball. We still mostly practised my receives but also Yakus safes. In the two years, I played Volleyball my spikes got better, so sometimes when I was in a good mood or Yaku in a bad one, he couldn't save those.

Yaku pov: Wednesday, 5th of June

Mathematics was better than expected. I packed my stuff and walked with Inuoka to the gym. On our way there we met Kuroo, Kenma, Yamamoto and Shibayama. They all go to the same class.

As we finally reached the gym, Lev was already there setting up the net. He already was finished, so I would miss an opportunity to see him change. I didn't like that, but we would have receiving practice today anyway, so I'll see him change then.

I quickly changed and went out to help Lev. It all went flawless until I had to attach the net straps. I simply couldn't do it. I hated to admit it but I was too short.

So I just stood there in front of the net and did nothing. But then someone came up behind me and grabbed me by my waist to lift me up. I winced. I didn't expect that. This someone turned out to be Lev. I sighed in relief. If it was Lev it was okay.

I secured the strap, blushing hard. When he finally put me down I ran towards the benches to get out of this situation. I couldn't let Lev see that I'm blushing.

~

Practice itself was normal, although Inuoka sometimes glanced at me. He wanted to remind me, not to let my feelings affect practice. Especially not my jealousy.

~

Receiving practice went by faster than I thought. I saved all the balls and Lev received most of them. We also practised some serves and sets. Lev did surprisingly very well. I would probably point that out later.

We forgot the time and it got very late. It was about 8 pm when we finally stopped. After we cleaned the gym I locked the gym.

The sun was just about to set, so we made our way to the tree next to the gym. We sat down next to each other.

As I began to shiver a bit, Lev engulfed me in a hug and pulled me onto his Lap. We sat there in a comfortable silence until the sun was completely gone. It was a quarter to nine.

As we realized that, we got up and walked back home. We didn't talk, because we were really exhausted because of practice and also very sleepy. Lev dropped me out at my place, before walking back home to his.

As soon as I reached my home I hurried inside. I shouted a quick hello to my mother before going into my room, quickly brushing my teeth and falling into my bed. I fell asleep immediately.