26

yaku pov: Tuesday, 11th of June

I was scared. I have never rejected someone before. I didn't want to hurt her feelings and I really didn't want to say something wrong. As I reached the gym, she was already standing there. She looked sad. As I approached her, she screeched. "i-i didn't expect, didn't expect you to actually come here" she said, looking at the ground. "Of course I would. I-" "Don't say anything more, I know that you don't like me so please just forget about it" "Okay, I will. bUt please let me tell you something first. I am gay so it has nothing to do with you, okay? You'll find the perfect partner one day if you want to. You'll be fine" I said, trying to calm her down and explain everything to her without hurting her too much. "Ah, okay. I could've thought so already. The way you look at this middle blocker of yours" she said, obviously talking about Lev. "Yeah. I really do like him. But he doesn't" I said, sighing. "You'll never know. Just confess. If he rejects you, you can move on, maybe you'll remain friends. Especially looking at how close the two of you are I doubt that he would stop being your friend. Also, I think he likes you back" she said, trying to hype me up. Maybe, just maybe I made a new friend today. "Thank you haha. And again, I'm sorry" "No problem, it wasn't that deep anyway. I'm just happy that I now got this off my chest and can move on" "that's great to hear" "yeah. I'll see you around?" "sure" "okay, till someday" "until then"

After that, I walked back to the others, who were already waiting at the trash cans. We talked about the team-sleepover or 'party' as they called it. Lev and I would buy the snacks on Friday. We already planned on hanging out so we would just stop by the store and buy them.

But now we had Spanish. It was the last lesson before the exam so we went through all the stuff we needed for the exam again. The teacher also gave us a lot of exercises that we could voluntarily do to prepare for the exam. Normally, I would've just laughed at this and used the back to make some notes. Today was different. I would do a lot, maybe all of those exercises. Lev would tutor me after all.

Practice went over pretty fast and after we finished and changed, I took Lev by the wrist and pulled him out of the gym. I walked pretty fast but Lev, of course, didn't have any problem catching up. Still, he was walking behind me. I just shrugged it off and continued pulling him with me.

As we arrived, I let go of Lev's wrist. I didn't want to but it would be awkward if I didn't. We went up to his room, which was really clean. His drawings were all gone. Normally, he would have some on his desk or even on the floor. This time I didn't see a single piece of art. He probably put them all away so we would have more place to study. It was kind of sad because I really liked his art but I couldn't help it now.

"Okay so what exactly is the topic?" Lev asked and snapped me out of my thoughts. "ehm, I think it's about travelling" I replied. "okay, that's a lot. Do you have some sort of Transparency paper?" Lev asked, I could see how insecure he was. It was cute. "Okay so we have 'describir y situar un lugar', we could start with that first. It's the easiest" "Sure. Now without looking translate north, east, south and west" "norte, este, sur, oeste" I responded. This was what I actually memorized. "good. Now let's go through the other vocabulary" Lev said. We went through the whole vocabulary of the unit before we started with the phrases and other content. 

We studied for about two hours. We went through the list of things I needed to know and Lev corrected me from time to time. Sometimes he would even tell me some ways to remember things more easily. It was really helpful and I understood everything he said. However, I sometimes drifted away with my thoughts and Lev had to explain everything over again. But how could I not get distracted? It was just super cute seeing him talking about this and his frown, when I told him that I didn't understand, was just adorable.

The cutest thing was watching him control the worksheets I filled out before. I would lie if I'd say I didn't blush.

Before I knew it, we were finished with everything and it was already 7:30 pm. I had to go home now. I needed sleep before the exam tomorrow.

I quickly hugged Lev and thanked him. "Tell me how it went" "Of course"