43

Yaku pov: Monday, 24th of June

Today would be awful. First of all, it was a Monday. Secondly, it was the 24th. I had to confess in 6 days. I was scared. Furthermore, I wouldn't walk to school with Lev nor spend any time with him after school because of that. Spending time with Inuoka was cool but with Lev, everything was just better and brighter.

And then there was Practice. Normally, I would love practice but today it was different. I wouldn't do some extra practice with Lev or walk home with him. Instead, I had to practice with Shibayama. Yama was also a good libero but I was better. I was the main libero of the team and Yama was mostly benched. But Kuroo, the captain he was, wanted Yama to get even better. He wanted Yama to be at my level or as near as possible. I knew that Yama would never be as good as me. Shibayama started playing in 6th grade while I started when I was 5. Also, I practiced more often and was naturally talented. I didn't say that to make Yama look bad or to praise myself, it was just a fact. I still needed practice, who didn't but because Yama and I play the same position, we had to practice together.

I didn't necessarily hate Shiayama but Yama just annoyed me. Yama always hung out with Lev and they were super close. Additionally, Yama always made mean and sarcastic comments that were supposed to be funny. I didn't understand why Inuoka liked Shibayama.

3rd pov: Monday, 24th of June

Yaku was grumpy the whole day. It wasn't just the fact that he had to practice with Shibayama but also the heat, the confession he had to make, the lack of time he could spend with Lev, the exams that were coming and much more. Shibayama knew that Yaku didn't like Yama and assumed that this was the reason for Yaku's behaviour. It hurt Shibayama a bit because Yama always looked up to the libero until he started getting close with Inuoka. That was when their enmity started. They both were really jealous beings.

"Are you so grumpy because you have to spend time with me instead of your precious crush?", Shibayama said after the others left. "I'm grumpy because I have to spend time with you and because I can't spend time with him. There are also some other reasons but those are the main ones", Yaku answered. He was pissed. "Not even denying it anymore, huh", Shibayama continued bickering. "What are you talking about? That I either have a crush on Inuoka or Lev or that I don't like to spend time with you? It doesn't matter anyway, both were things everyone already knew anyway so why would I deny it?", Yaku responded, smiling superiorly. "I would be hurt if I actually cared", Shibayama replied, slightly offended. Yama would never admit this though. "good because I don't care about you either", Yaku continued the fight. "I don't know why I once looked up to you", Shibayama said, obviously lying. Yama was still looking up to Yaku besides the mean comments Yama always made. "I don't know why I once wanted to be friends with you", Yaku said. "I don't know why we even talk to each other", Shibayama answered. "Me neither. We should start now", Yaku responded, grabbing a volleyball and throwing it to Shibayama. This received it flawlessly, "yeah we should".

During their practice, Yaku always made comments about how Yama should do better and Shibayama always responded with, "Your jealousy is showing". After a while, they realized that this wasn't working. They needed to fix their rivalry or at least try to talk about it so they don't drag the team down.

"Okay this isn't working", Yaku said. "Well, no shit Sherlock", Shibayama responded, putting the ball Yama just received on the ground. "I'm sorry that I'm so mean to you, I'm just jealous. I know that this isn't a good reason and that you deserve better but he is the love of my life and I wouldn't know what to do without him. This whole thing, also with the confession I have to make in a few days, is stressing me out. And I let it out at you. That's not fair." Yaku said, fidgeting with his hands. "It's fine. I'm also sorry for always being mean. I don't mean it, it's just my sense of humour and my way to cope with my jealousy. I shouldn't have let it out at you and I'm sorry for doing so. I just loved him forever and I'm scared of him picking you over me and I don't know how I would get through that. Seeing him happy together with you. I couldn't take it." Shibayama responded. "It's okay. I think we have the same problem. But just so you know, I wouldn't rub it in if he accepts my confession. I wouldn't want you to do that either." Yaku said. "Trust me, I won't. Thank you for respecting me and just having this talk. I don't really have someone to talk to about my feelings and stuff. Also, thank you for not misgendering me. Every time you refer to me you use my preferred pronouns, even when we argue. I really appreciate that. Also, I'm still looking up to you", Shibayama stated. "I won't misgender you ever. I think nobody should misgender anyone, even if they hate them. By the way, I kind of still want to be friends with you even though it would be kind of difficult if you started dating him but I think that I would be fine. You are really nice", Yaku said. "I would like that. But just you know, it wouldn't be weird. He wouldn't stop talking to you or see you any different. Inuoka isn't the person to act this way", Shibayma said, making Yaku gasp. "Wait, you said Inuoka. So you like Inuoka?!", Yaku asked. "ehm, yes. But please don't tell him. I'm pretty sure he likes you and I know you like him so yeah. I'm sorry", Shibayama answered, looking at the ground. "Okay so first of all, I do not like Inuoka. I like Lev, if that wasn't obvious already. But please don't tell me if he likes me back or not nor if he told you, I have the perfect way of how I want to confess so please don't ruin it. And before you ask, I do not know who Inuoka likes but there's a pretty high chance of him liking you. He never told me though", Yaku answered. The last part was an obvious lie but he knew that Shibayama would wait until he confessed to Lev and would confess afterwards. "Okay, well I didn't expect that. So I've been hating you for no reason? I mean, I don't know if he likes you or not but at least we're no longer behind the same guy, right?", Shibayama asked. By now both were chuckling slightly. They slowly warmed up to each other.

After they talked for a little bit more, not revealing that they knew that the other would get a boyfriend soon, they both went home.