39

Yaku pov: Thursday, 20th of June

The thing yesterday was risky but still, I did it. And I was glad I did. I was curious about his reaction because maybe he was uncomfortable with it but he didn't say anything about it so I assumed it was okay.

I was so deep in my thoughts, I almost walked past his house. If he didn't call for me, I would've walked past. "Yaku, where are you going? I'm here, you know?" "Right. I was in thoughts, I'm sorry for that" I responded, walking towards him, engulfing him in a hug. I needed this right now. I needed the certainty that he still liked me.

He didn't say anything about the thing yesterday. I think that he saw it as somehow normal. It is, looking at all those things we do. Yet, I didn't want to confess right now and I wasn't 100% sure that he liked me back.

I needed to find out if it was normal to hold hands with 'just a friend'. I needed to know if it was normal to hit each other for more than a minute with no special occasion. I just needed to know. But how? I could just ask Inuoka. Here would definitely help me. We could do some of the things I did with Lev so I know if it's normal. It would help me to figure out some things although Lev could think completely different though. I'll just try it.

In the first break, I pulled Inuoka out of the room to talk to him. "Hey, I wanted to ask you for a favour. Please don't judge me, I just want to figure out some things. And you could help me" I said, looking nervously at the ground. "Sure but what do you want me to do? Because I won't kiss you or something like this" Inuoka said, raising an eyebrow. "I just want to test if it's normal to do the things Lev and I do if you're just friends", I responded. "So you want us to hug and hold hands and just cling to each other?" He asked. "yeah, sort of. It's okay if you don't want to though" I said. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. "Sure. It's fine and I would like to know as well. Besides, I want to make Shibayama jealous. Maybe Yama will finally get the balls to confess" he responded, grinning. Of course, he would react this way. He always wanted to tease Shibayama and make Yama say something to reveal Yama's true feelings about him. He wouldn't confess himself. He was too insecure too. But so was I. Wasn't it for Kenma daring me to confess and telling me this thing a bit the ranking at the confession game, I wouldn't confess. I would just keep my feelings inside until it would slip out one day.

In the second break, we just hugged for about a minute while Lev and Yama weren't there. It was good having him there and it felt comforting but somehow too much. With Lev, it just felt way better and completely different.

In the third break, I sat very close to Inuoka and let's just say I didn't like it. It was weird and somehow uncomfortable. Therefore, I was really relieved as it finally ended.

We planned on doing the holding hands part after school so the others wouldn't necessarily see it. And as we finally tried it, it was okay. I felt like he was there for me and I felt happy. Still, with Lev, it was better. With Lev, I could just hold hands forever. With Inuoka it was nice but just nothing I would do on a daily basis.

Lev pov: Thursday, 20th of June

Today was a weird day. First, Yaku and Inuoka talked a lot more than usual which is okay but a bit odd. Secondly, they hugged for over a minute when Yama and I went to buy cookies for the four of us. I got jealous. I think Yama did too. I really didn't like how they were so close all of a sudden. But it would be weird if I got jealous, right? Yaku wasn't mine after all and nobody likes a possessive best friend. Maybe he would even realize my feelings so I better not let my jealousy show.

As they clung to each other in the last break, I almost shouted at them. Yama luckily stopped me. Still, I was jealous as fuck. I mean, who wouldn't. I was insecure as well. What if Yaku liked Inuoka? What would I do if he did? I don't think I could take it.

What let me freak out completely was seeing them holding hands in the afternoon. They seemed so comfortable and intimate. Did they do this more often? And if yes, why didn't they tell me and Yama? Did they want to keep it a secret? Are they dating?

There were so many things on my mind, it was too much. I was scared to lose Yaku. I didn't want that Inuoka and Yaku got together. They just couldn't.

3rd pov: Thursday, 20th of June

This day made Yaku realize that the things he and Lev did were normal between friends but not to the extent they did it. He again realized how Lev couldn't be replaced and how much the tall middle-blocker meant to him.

Lev on the other hand started to hate Inuoka even more than before. He didn't hate him because of his character, no. He simply hated the ex-middle blocker because of his close relationship with Lev's best friend.

Somehow Lev didn't want to talk about it. He was scared that Yaku confirmed his suspicions. If Inuoka and Yaku were dating, Lev wouldn't be able to take it. He would definitely scream, cry and confess his feelings. He didn't want that to happen. It would ruin a friendship after all.