27

3rd pov: Wednesday, 12th of June

This morning Yaku was nervous. He needed to get a good grade in this exam, a B at least. All this effort should not be in vain. 'Lev would be disappointed' the small libero thought. The thought of his Crush motivated him more than anything else. He would get this. Not just for Lev but also for himself.

As Yaku went to Lev's house to pick him up, the taller was already waiting outside. "If you hadn't arrived in the next 5 minutes, I would've picked you up instead" he said while grinning at Yaku and suggesting a hug the smaller gladly accepted. 'This would definitely motivate me' he thought.

On their way there it was mostly Lev talking about everything and nothing. They arrived quickly, practiced and then went to their courses.

Yaku had the exam in the 2nd and 3rd period so Lev, the supportive boyfr-, I mean best friend he was, would come by the liberos class just to say good luck. This small gesture made Yaku not only blush but be more motivated than ever to be good in this exam. It wasn't big but would surely have an impact on the blonde's mark. He had a good feeling about this exam. Yaku understood everything the people in the listening task were talking about and could write a fluent text for the writing part. He also had some time to check over the exam all over again. The good thing was that he today didn't have any neighbours that could distract him nor could the teacher say he cheated. He did this himself and he was proud.

In the first break Yaku, as he spotted Lev, ran up to the tall middle-blocker and hugged him so strong that the latter couldn't breathe probably. That was at least how Yaku explained it to himself. In reality, Lev was so overwhelmed about Yaku hugging him so tightly that he forgot to breathe.

After about 7 minutes Yaku let go of Lev. For neither of them, this was enough but they didn't want to make things awkward.

The same thing happened in the great break. Both were enjoying this because both thought to know that this wouldn't last long. They were convinced that this intimacy would stop as soon as they confessed. 'Of course, it would' they both thought.

Even after the hug, they were closer than ever before. Yaku practically sat on Lev's chair/ lap and snuggled into the taller's chest. Everybody was annoyed because of their obvious PDA but they couldn't shout go get a room, lovebirds because the boys weren't dating yet.

By now everyone except oblivious idiot number 2 and his 2nd best friend aka oblivious idiot number 4 (Lev and Shybayama) knew that the confession Lev received was from the small libero aka Yaku. It was sad how dense all of those idiots with their feelings for their best friend were.

The 4 volleyball players just ignored the stares of the others and the oblivious sexual tension between them and continued talking about their plans to go to Pride the weekend after next.

Today's Practice was longer than usual. They wanted to be the best possible for their practice matches against Karasuno next week. Also, today was really cold, about 26°C/ 79°F/299°K. The temperature would remain the same for the next few days so they would practice longer than typical.

After they finished practicing, Yaku and Lev walked home together. It was already 9 pm and Yaku really didn't want to go home. He was just too exhausted.

"Hey Lev, would you mind if I'd stay the night? I'm just really, really exhausted" he asked, fidgeting with his hands. "Sure, I'll just ask my parents" the taller responded, trying his best not to blush. 'Yaku never stayed over on a weekday' he thought.

Both boys now walked towards Lev's home. On their way, the middle-blocker pulled out his phone and asked his parents, who simply agreed. He heard Alisa mumbling something like 'finally he's getting that d' in the background but somehow didn't realize what she meant with it. He was simply thinking about vitamin D3 and wondering why she was saying something like this. 'Is it because Yaku always cares about me and reminds me to take those?' he thought.

Some minutes later they arrived and were treated by Alisa smiling brightly at them. "We made stir-fried vegetables, I heard that is your favourite" she chirped, smiling bitterly sweet.

Lev groaned. He knew that this would happen. He talked a lot about Yaku and Alisa would never let any chance of mocking him go to waste.

"Just shut up already, let's go and eat already" Lev responded, grabbing a, through this action blushing Yaku behind him.

The dinner was normal. At least for a dinner with the Haiba's and Yaku. Alisa would mock both of them continuously and would only stop if her parents told her to.

Yaku and Lev were blushing ceaselessly and just ate their vegetables silently.

After dinner, they went up to Lev's room and sat on his bed. "Okay so I know this was all spontaneous and stuff but I have some stuff here, like my toothbrush and I think some underwear and stuff like that. You could lend me some of your clothes though because I don't have any by me right now. And tomorrow we will just walk by my place and I'll grab some of my stuff for school. I already texted my parents and everything is okay. Furthermore, I-" Yaku kept ranting. He did this often when he was nervous. Just talking to cover up the fact that he was really shy and insecure.

"hold up Yaku. You talk too much. I know that you only do that if you're uncomfortable and insecure. It's okay, I'm here for you. Just talk to me. I'll listen and try to understand. If you don't want to, it's fine. Just know that I'll never ever, ever leave you. Nothing could change the fact that I love you so fucking much and that you mean so much to me" Lev said.

He actually didn't want to let that slip out but he couldn't turn back time so he might just accept his confession. That's what he thought. What he didn't expect was that Yaku would think that he meant this all in a platonic way. So he was quite surprised, disappointed but also somehow relieved when Yaku responded saying: "Thanks, Lev. It really does mean a lot to me. I'm thankful that I can count on you. You're yourself one of the most important people in my life, maybe even the most important one. And I love you as well. We're best friends after all, aren't we?"

They both sighed at the thought of them only being best friends but nobody dared to utter a word because they both knew that their friendship would grow tonight.

They changed, brushed their teeth and finally went to bed. They would sleep in the same bed because it would make less effort and because they both were touch-starved.

They chatted a bit until Lev's cat came into the room and hopped onto Yaku's lab. The short male petted them and cuddled closer to Lev.

The lights were already out but they both couldn't really sleep. Somewhere in between Lev pulled Yaku onto his lap. This, slightly flustered through this sudden action, didn't mind at all and snuggled even closer to the tall male.

They talked and talked about everything and nothing. At some point 'purple', Lev's cat hopped off the bed and snuggled into their cushion. Meanwhile, the both boys started a deep-talk. They talked about things that were bothering them and other important topics to them.

Before they knew it, it was 4 in the morning and they drifted to sleep, trying to get at least some for the day.

This night they both fell, if that's even possible, even more in love with each other. They both already crossed the point of just a crush a long time ago but this night, it developed to sincere, true, honest, deep, romantic love.