8

yaku pov: Wednesday, 5th of June

Yesterday was perfect. I almost forgot to call Inuoka, almost.

But of course, he wouldn't forget. He was really persistent with such things. He spammed my phone until I finally called him. Lowkey expected that.

I told him everything and he really built up hope inside of me.

I mean, is it really that normal for best friends to do that? I honestly didn't know.

I finally got Inuoka from telling me to 'get balls and finally confess' by telling him, that I already started planning, which I really did, though there's a lot, I mean a lot more to plan. I want to confess in the cutest way possible.

After the call ended, I ended up falling asleep, still thinking of Lev.

~

Lev would walk to school with me. I was very happy. Would we hold hands today? I hoped so.

*bell rings*

Finally, took him long enough to arrive. I rushed down the stairs, shouting a goodbye to my mother, and engulfed Lev in a hug.

"You should have hurried, you know that? We really need to hurry now. What took you so long?" I asked Lev with a questioning look. I really wanted to know why he was late.

"Gomen, Yaku-san. Yama and I had to talk about something and I kind of forgot the time." Lev said shyly.  It honestly hurt me more, than I would ever admit. Why can't we both call in the morning, why is it Shibayama? And why did they have nick-names? Okay, due to Yama being agender we all refer to Yama with that because it's literally Yama's pronoun. But still. He always called me Yaku-san. It really sucked.

"Okay, but hurry next time. You know, that I hate being late. And please drop the san already, it kind of sucks." I responded, still somehow hurt and what was this feeling? jealous?

"Yes Yaku-s, I mean Yaku!" Lev shouted excited and hugged me. I actually wanted him to call me Morisuke. I call him by his first name as well, so why shouldn't he? But I was too shy to ask.

We didn't hold hands, of course, what did I expect? Maybe we will the next time we go to pride. I hope so. Or should I try to hold his hand? But he doesn't look like he wants to. Ahhh, help. I'm going insane with these feelings. Urgh!

Suddenly Lev interrupted my thoughts: "So, did you like yesterday, I really did. I loved spending time with you at pride." The silence was kind of awkward anyway. But did he say with me, yes he did. Urghh I'm blushing, again. "Yes, I really liked yesterday. It was one of the best days ever. It was very impressive, don't you think?" I responded. "Yeah haha, by the way, do you wear the button and bracelet we bought? I do haha" Lev asked while fidgeting with his hands. He looked really nervous. "Yeah, I do. They have a special meaning to me, you know? Also, it's pride month, what are you expecting?" I responded. I in fact wore both. I really hoped for him to wear it as well. I looked up to him to see him smiling brightly. He looked happy. I smiled as well.

We talked all the time while walking to school. It was way better than the awkward silence before.

I was kind of sad, as we arrived at the gates. We hugged one last time and agreed to eat lunch together before we went to our classes.

~

The first period was over. During the lesson, I couldn't really concentrate, I was thinking of Lev. Therefore,  I now wanted to see him. His classroom was near the room where I had chemistry next. I would have to go a little diversion, but if I got to see Lev for just one or two more minutes it was worth it.

As I walked by his classroom, I waved. He didn't even notice me. He was talking to Shibayama, again. Okay, I definitely was jealous. My gosh, Lev even blushed. Like really, really bad. And they were really close.

Still, Lev wasn't mine. He was a free human being. I had absolutely no control over him and not the right to be jealous. Urgh.

I hurried to the next lesson, still thinking about Lev. Does he like Yama? I mean, Yama is really nice and funny. At least according to Inuoka. This jerk has a crush on Shibayama. A really big one. They have known each other since kindergarten. They were childhood best friends. So of course one of them had to catch feelings.

The only thing good about this situation was that if Lev and Yama end up together I will not go through the heartbreak alone. I could start dating him as an excuse. Yeah, that'll work.

lev pov: Wednesday, 5th of June

Finally! Class ended. It was very boring. I doodled some more things, like a rainbow ice-cream and some other things I saw at Pride. And I thought about Yaku all the time. Today we didn't hold hands. I was too scared to do so.

Shibayama would come by. I was excited and a bit scared, to be honest. We would talk about Yaku and maybe Yama would finally tell me who Yama's crush is. Although I assume that it's Inuoka, due to Yama's reaction every time I mentioned them talking or being close in general. I really hoped Inuoka liked Yama back. It would make things so much easier and improve my chances with Yaku bigger.

"Hey!" Yama shouted while running towards me. "Okay, you need to tell me everything and show me the buttons and bracelets. Did you guys hold hands again? What did you guys talk about? Did he wear his stuff? Are you guys eating lunch together?" Yama bombarded me with questions. "Hello and don't ask so many questions at one time. Gosh Yama, how am I supposed to answer all of them? Well here are the button and the bracelet." I said while pointing to the pin on my Hoodie and the bracelet on my right hand. "Wow, they are really pretty. But do you really think, that they meant nothing to him?" Yama asked while admiring the things I was pointing at. "And no, we sadly didn't hold hands. I was too shy and I don't think Yaku would've wanted it anyway.  Yesterday we got mistaken for a couple pretty often, so I assumed that this would happen here as well. And I didn't want to make him uncomfortable." I told Yama while looking to the ground. "Did he ever say, that he was uncomfortable?" Yama asked while looking at me questioning. "Well, no. But he never said he liked it. I just don't want to assume, okay?" I answered, still looking at the ground. "Fine. But tell me more. You didn't answer my questions yet, did you?" Yama asked, pushing me to answer. "Okay, fine. He wore the stuff and we talked. Also, he hugged me as we greeted and parted. And yes we will. But I think Inuoka will come too." I said while observing Yama's reaction. As expected Yama smiled and Yama's mood lifted after the mention of Inuoka. Yama definitely liked Inuoka. "Yous should come too. I don't want to be a third wheel or something like that." I said, ready to turn back to the classroom.

Suddenly Yama pulled me back to the windows. "One thing left. Have you started writing your anonymous confession yet? If yes, what exactly did you write? You know that you can come completely clear with your feelings here. He wouldn't notice. You could even tell him about the fantasy you had about him. He wouldn't know." This statement made me blush madly. Yes, I already started writing, although it officially starts Friday. I wrote all my feelings in a g-docs. I would simply copy the text on Friday and put it into the document, she would send everyone. I wrote really romantic and cringy stuff. It literally screamed 'Yaku I love you with all of my soul'. Yikes.