41

3rd pov: Saturday, 22th of June

Today Inuoka, Lev, Shibayama and Yaku planned on going to pride together. They didn't go for a while because they forgot and their schedules were full. But today they all would go. They were all very excited. They would meet there. Yaku and Lev walked there while Inuoka and Shibayama took the train.

"Come on Lev, I'm waiting for forever. Just pick an outfit. Nobody cares if you look gay enough. Just put on what fits your vibe and come down" Yaku shouted at his friend. He was waiting outside. They were already late because Lev couldn't pick an outfit. It annoyed Yaku. "Wait for a minute, I'm almost finished" Lev shouted from his room. Shortly after, he went out. His outfit made Yaku slightly flustered so he just grabbed the taller's hand and pulled him towards their destination.

As they finally arrived, the others were already there. "Took you long enough", Shibayama said, looking at Yaku. "He wouldn't pick an outfit" Yaku justified, pointing at Lev. "Sorry, I just wanted to look good hehe", this said. "You always do" Yaku mumbled under his breath, only Inuoka hearing him.

"Anyway, let's go", Inuoka said and pulled them to the crowd by grabbing Shibyama's and Yaku's hand which was still interlocked with Levs.

At one point there was a man giving "free dad hugs". It amazed the four. They all got accepted by their families but there were still people who didn't so it really was a nice action. It probably helped a lot of people.

After they bought some ice-cream. Lev and Yaku shared like always, they went to a more secluded area to enjoy the sweet. That was when they saw a boy who was getting hit on. He really looked uncomfortable. The boy was stuttering something about having a boyfriend, looking in their direction, obviously seeking help. Yaku decided to help out the poor soul. He went over, putting an arm around the boy "Hey honey, who is that". "He was just hitting on me and somehow wouldn't accept that I already have a boyfriend" the boy answered, looking at Yaku gratefully. "pft, he just wanted to help you out. He isn't your real boyfriend", the other boy said. "Besides, he is way too small to be someone's boyfriend" he added. "First of all, I am his real boyfriend. Secondly, I am not too small. Yes, I am short but that still doesn't mean that nobody can love me. Not everyone was born tall, it's genetic. You decide who you want to be and how you act and that's what is important", Yaku said, looking at the taller challenging. "He wasn't worth it anyway" the weird guy said, leaving them alone.

That was when the other three approached them. "You did well, Yaku!" Lev said, pulling Yaku into a hug. He wanted to show the other boy that Yaku wasn't to be had. "Thank you, guys. I'm actually aromantic but I assumed he wouldn't get it so I took the next best opportunity haha. Thank you again" the boy now said. "Sure thing. If you want you could give me your number and if he ever hits you up again, I'll pretend again." Yaku said, the boy earning a jealous look from Lev. "Nah, it's fine. I don't think your boyfriend is comfortable with that. Anyway, I'll go now. Bye and thanks again" the boy responded, running off. "Oi Lev, you scared him away", Yaku said angrily. "I did not and he'll be fine", Lev said. He didn't want to admit that he was jealous of this boy.

For the rest of the day, Lev clung more to Yaku. This somehow didn't see the signs and just shrugged it off. At one point they both got mistaken for a couple. "Hey, could you maybe take a picture of me and my amazing partner", a girl said, pointing at a person next to her. "Sure thing, could you take one of us as well", Yaku said, taking the photo. "Of course, you are a cute couple as well. I hope you'll stay together for long", she said and took a photo of them. Both boys intended on correcting her but then just let it slide because they both enjoyed being mistaken for a couple. Both boys didn't plan on mentioning it ever again.

"It's already getting dark, let's split here", Inuoka said. They were all exhausted from the long walking but extremely happy. The positivity was contagious. "Sure, we'll see us tomorrow. Don't forget that we wanted to watch Toy Story 4. I already booked the cards, just be on time" Yaku responded, turning around and pulling Lev, who was still holding the smaller hand, with him.

On their way, they both talked about how much they enjoyed it and how important it was in the past and still is. There wasn't a lot of queerphobia anymore but there still was and that was the main reason Pride was important. Yes, they enjoyed it and went there to have fun. Still, they knew it was important to fight for their rights.

"Do you want to stay at mine?" Yaku asked Lev after they arrived at the shorter's house. "Sure but I doubt you have an extra mattress" Lev responded. "We already slept in the same bed two or three times, why would it change now? Besides, I'm touch deprived" Yaku just responded, pulling Lev into the house.

After they ate dinner, they changed and brushed their teeth and then went to bed. Both boys, cuddling into each other. They didn't talk and just clung to each other until they were asleep. They both held the other very close, almost as if they were scared that the other would leave if they didn't.