23

3rd pov: Monday, 10th of June

Practice was as always with the change that the tension which chased everyone the whole day was here as well. Kenma mentally prepared himself to confess while Yaku hoped that his name wasn't written on the confession. He finally accepted that he would need to confess, although he would prefer not to. It was, like Kenma said, the best to do so.

They finished 10 minutes earlier so they could all change before receiving the letter. The team planned on going to the local Ramen shop next to the school and have some group uniting.

Just before they could open the message, Kuroo took away all the phones together with Kenmas Switch and put them into a bag. "You'll get them at the Ramen shop while we're waiting" he said which let the others let out a loud groan. Still, they accepted it and started to chat about the upcoming practice match with Karasuno.

Even though the temperatures would be even higher next week, they had a match on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. Karasuno had some sort of break from school because of the even higher temperatures so of course, they would come here to play against them. They all were pretty excited about this, even though it would mean more training and being way more exhausted.

Kenma was really eager to see Hinata. He already told him about the game and Hinata was the one who convinced the Setter to write the letter. He was also the one who helped Kenma by going through things the blonde liked about his captain and how to formulate them. He also proof-read it and encouraged Kenma to send it in. He was probably the reason why the setter would either get a boyfriend or his heart broken by the end of this day.

As they reached the Ramen shop, they realized that it was closed so they went to a Café nearby. Some of them would prefer eating Ramen but especially Kenma and Tamahiko, who absolutely loved sweets. Most people ordered something ice-related and some cold drinks. Kenma additionally ordered some apple-pie and Lev some waffles with ice-filling.

The Café was pretty crowded so they would have to wait a while. In this time they all wanted to check their results and their phones in general. As Kuroo promised, he gave everyone their devices back. What confused the Captain was that Kenma just put his switch into his bag and didn't pay attention to it. 'Huh, he must really be keen on the results. Hopefully, my confession doesn't disappoint him'  he thought. Kuroo also pulled out his phone to download the documents but was stopped by Kenma taking away his phone, just as we were about to open the file with the pinned text. "Let's just chat. We can check the results when we're back at your house, okay?" Kenma said and of course, Kuroo agreed. How could he possibly say no to his childhood best friend and also Crush since he could think?

Kenma put his phone away as well. He wanted this to be as convincing as possible. He had already downloaded the files back when Kuroo collected their stuff, so he didn't have to wait for it to load. He had seen a letter, his text with some bronze frame and of course a short text from the author. He quickly opened the letter and scrolled through it, looking for a name on the bottom line. And there it was 'from Kuroo Tetsuro'. He, in fact, knew that this wasn't what Kuroo would have written, so it really was planned by the organizer. He didn't want his feelings coming out in that way, so he decided the next best thing and sacrificed his phone for the next two hours.

Meanwhile, Yaku was checking his notifications, he opened the link and downloaded the files. There was one with the confession he wrote, one with a short note from the organizer and 3 texts. Weirdly, one had a red frame. He would have to look at this later.

But first, he wanted to check his text again. It had some grammatical corrections, which made Yaku cringe internally. He wasn't aware that he didn't use the correct grammar at some points.